Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaankme View Post
No one bought this game to "understand a MMO" they bought this game to PLAY-

and Cryptic has made Very little effort to correct the issues that have been discussed MULTIPLE TIMES over the last few months prior to launch.

I'm glad you understand MMO's better than I do.. so that you can keep lining the pockets of Shltty Companies.
I didn't buy my car to understand how it works, I bought my car so I could go to the comic book store! Why would I need to learn how to drive, and how a car works in order to use it? Why can't I just press 1 button and I am at the comic book store?!?!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenow View Post
"Normal" would be: "Hey guys enjoy all this great content while we wrok out the launch bugs"

What we got was: "Hey were making all kinds of (paid) content and expansion, well deal with the bugs as they pop up"

Fix the basics. I'm taking a break today from the game after some seriously frustrating space gameplay in a fleet action and I'm not even itching to get back in.
Yes because I'm sure the extraordinarily lengthy process of coding 2 new races for Feds (that were actually already coded anyway) is eliminating any time they could have had for bug fixing, and these 2 small DLCs are an indicator of the entire focus of the company's development team.

People need to stop blowing everything way out of proportion and chiiiiiillllll.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:28 PM
The reason this community is bad- is because the DEV's don't RESPOND!!!!

At least tell us what youre doing so we understand whats goin on.
Dont just leave the last release notes @ 1/21 and expect us to guess?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Been playing for 6 hours straight now.... flawless!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
The reason this community is bad- is because the DEV's don't RESPOND!!!!

At least tell us what youre doing so we understand whats goin on.
Dont just leave the last release notes @ 1/21 and expect us to guess?
Looks like they are responding to me: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sea...94&pp=0&page=0

Do you really need to know every single minute detail they fix at every patch?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Rage disease ITT.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorbrand View Post
Nothing you stated there is unusual for a MMO launch. Actually this one is good compared to most.
Your funny. I have a car that only goes 25 mph I want to sell you. I will send you a fix to increase its max speed 10 mph every month. You should be patient, because all the cars I sell work like this. Oh, and the air conditioner doesn't work and the trunk is jammed. Don't know when I will get that fixed, but this model is new so be patient.

A product is a product. Companies are able to get away with crappy products when the consumers lower their standards.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
I was there on launch for wow. This has that same type feeling.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
No one bought this game to "understand a MMO" they bought this game to PLAY-

and Cryptic has made Very little effort to correct the issues that have been discussed MULTIPLE TIMES over the last few months prior to launch.

I'm glad you understand MMO's better than I do.. so that you can keep lining the pockets of Shltty Companies.
Cryptic did the same with the CO launch. But as long as people are willing and even happy to pay for new races of all things while the game is in a Beta (at best) stage of development, Cryptic will continue to take advantage of them. If you want an idea of the timeframe these issues will be fixed, just head over to the CO forums and read some of the rage posts there.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGnome View Post
Your funny. I have a car that only goes 25 mph I want to sell you. I will send you a fix to increase its max speed 10 mph every month. You should be patient, because all the cars I sell work like this. Oh, and the air conditioner doesn't work and the trunk is jammed. Don't know when I will get that fixed, but this model is new so be patient.

A product is a product. Companies are able to get away with crappy products when the consumers lower their standards.
*sigh*

When will people understand? It's an MMO, not a car. Not a chair. Not a steak. Not a ******n toaster. It's an MMO. You can't just say, "It's a product" and throw them all into the exact same basket. Producing a completely stable, bug-free MMO with plenty of content that everyone enjoys is so wildly massively different to turning lumps of metal into different-shaped lumps of metal that you may as well say, "Well everyone else in the world can say the alphabet, so why can't Cryptic recite the entire works of Shakespeare in Klingon from memory? It's all just saying stuff!"