Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 04:18 PM
1. you do not have to purchase the items in the store.

2. yes, the exchange definitely needs to be fixed and streamlined.

Having a couple races for sale on the c-store is not going to limit them from working on the game. This is not a big deal to have TWO races on the market. Now, if they were selling Klingon PVE you'd have a point.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
MMO's evolve, this is true. That addresses content. The game with the current content should run with out major bugs and almost no minor bugs. What is the point of doing a Beta? This one should have gone longer. (It is, but folks are paying to test)
Lt. Commander
Prepetual had the right idea with there real time graphic feeling. Cryptic is doing a wonderful job a tad rushed on the release for taking over this project I think. They could of spent more time on voice overs and skill trees in my opinion. As far as a release for an MMO this is going pretty smooth so far.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithnor View Post
Guys, seriously.

Can you take some time to make sure the game does the following things before trying to sell stuff in the C-Store?

Not crash at least once every two days.

Have the skill system make some sort of logical sense or at least more documentation then there is right now.

Document the crafting system so we know how not to advance to the next crafting tier without to craft a lot of usless junk we've outlevelled already.

Make the exchange more user friendly than it is now. Searching it, is a hassle. I'd call it work but work is less frustrating than using the Exchange.

You're entitled to make a buck and pay your bills, we get that. Right now there is a serious disconnect between your product quality and your marketing, in the long run you don't want to drive people away from the game because it's needlessly complicated and obtuse.

The game has some nice ideas and it's entertaining enough for me to shell out money for a subscription, but make no mistake the game needs more work. People like to dump on Champions for it's day one nerf, but that game was much more polished at launch than STO is now.

I get that you guys were on a deadline and I know how much trouble it is to change things after launch, but large chunks of the game are a giant muddled mess. Trying to sell us more stuff creates the impression you don't care about quality so long as you can make more money off of the playerbase.

If I was more cynical I'd believe the lack of gameplay documentation is an attempt at creating the cash-for-respec market. Either that or to minimize gold farming as much as possible by ensuring the only tradable curreny is the least obtainable.

We don't ask for much at this point, just a little damage control.
You forgot "Play the game for me so I don't have to."

Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 05:54 PM
well i would like to know if its a bug or "normal"... every time i enter the sol system it take forever to get in. it stays on the load screen. im there as i write this post (for the past 30 or more mins..i lost count). HELP PLEASE.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalian
well i would like to know if its a bug or "normal"... every time i enter the sol system it take forever to get in. it stays on the load screen. im there as i write this post (for the past 30 or more mins..i lost count). HELP PLEASE.
Probably just lag as Sol is a huge population hub
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
well to my post i just did... when i went back to the game it said 'press any key' when i did i was logged out for being idle. i wasnt idle i couldnt do anything. does anyone know what is going on with that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 05:57 PM
o ok ty mrblinker i hope they can find a way to fix that i was getting tire of waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Maybe they can do both at the same time... maybe the people involved in doing the things you want are not the same people involved in managing the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtalisman View Post
Yes because I'm sure the extraordinarily lengthy process of coding 2 new races for Feds (that were actually already coded anyway) is eliminating any time they could have had for bug fixing, and these 2 small DLCs are an indicator of the entire focus of the company's development team.

People need to stop blowing everything way out of proportion and chiiiiiillllll.
The problem isn't that they're selling stuff in the C-Store. The problem is deciding to sell items when the game seems either incomplete or badly organized.

Is it too much to ask to know how the skill and level system actually work? Right now, we have vague posting from the Dev and a bunch of players trying to make sense of the system. Since this is an MMO the Devs, could put in a patch turning the whole system upside down.

It's troubling when you can get better documentation on the game from a fan wiki site that the company's own documentation.

What I want to make very clear is that some of the basic aspects of the game need work before you start implementing more expansions or additions otherwise sweeping retroactive changes to the system are going to break anything they add to it.

I realize an MMO is a work in progress and things change and get better over time, but I also know that if you don't keep harping about what doesn't actually work well in the game it will never get fix or take 4 year to get around to.