Lt. Commander
I've been having fun during the head start so far, but in my adventures through space with my brother, I've come to realize that although a science officer can do neat things, I think the Engineer might've been more fun for me.

I thought I read a dev post that mentioned they'd be offering respecs. Is this true? If so, when? Will it offer the ability to change race, abilities, or in my case, your career path? What else will be offered, and when?

I'd like some heads up so I can decide if I really want to start a new character (and loose my 17 levels with my brother) to be an engineer, or I can just wait it out. Would also be nice to know when we might get some nifty new ship options.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
A respec is not the same thing as changing race/class - far from it. It's far less invasive.

As for 'nifty new ship options' - what do you mean? What are you looking for, specifically?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html

according to that interview they will be adding stuff on what the players want/their feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul_Exo View Post
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html

according to that interview they will be adding stuff on what the players want/their feedback.
Nice read.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
There was a mention in one of the 'State of the Game' addresses by the head honcho that they'd add more ship parts, and it's been assumed the C-Store would be a source of new ship parts as well (for your ship looks, or 'costume' customization). Since I'm real big into the creative aspect of designing the look of my ship, the more ship part options I have, the happier I am. (assuming they're not lame parts :p)

Of course, the more pressing question is whether or not I'll be able to swap from science to engineer real soon, so I can decide whether or not to make a new char and try to catch up to my brother, or just stick with it.