Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
and for the lazy trolls who wont follow the link

Quote:
The more correct term is "bald-faced lie" or "bare-faced lie" (bare is more common in Great Britain). It refers to a "shameless" or "brazen" lie. One where the teller does not attempt to hide his face while telling it.

It's just the last 5 yrs or so that "bold" has come into usage. It refers to typeface. It is used metaphorically in speech. In the same way that a typesetter uses bold face type to highlight specific text and set it apart, a bold face lie stands out in such a way as to not be mistaken for the truth.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm an angry gorilla. I heard you needed me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
So much for 'Pre-Order Bonuses', just yet another CRYPTIC LIE...
That makes me angry! You can't tell, but my forehead's veiny!

Quote:
* NO Multi-Spectral Personal Shield (Seems to be taken out in last minute but still advertised)
* Incomplete TOS Uniforms
(No Mini-Skirts as stated official by Cryptic (or is that another 'mistake like the Guarenteed STO Closed Beta Acess was..))
You're right! This is an outrage! Now I'm so angry, I'm ready to destroy something! Hmmm, how about this box of bubble wrap next to my desk. Come here, bubble wrap! You're gonna suffer the full blunt of my wrath!

Quote:
Why am I not surprised, Cryptic seem to enjoy screwing over their customers.
First in Champions Online now in STO..
I'm up to joining the causes of freedom fighters! Count me in!

/sign
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
Precisely. I think people are missing this aspect. Everyone here agreed to the TOS. It could say " You agree that the items advertised are not the items you are really going to get.." and if you agree, then cryptic isn't responsible for anything.
You cant actually agree to allow someone to break the law against you. If they break the law, they have broken the law, no matter how many agreements where you state you dont mind.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
So much for 'Pre-Order Bonuses', just yet another CRYPTIC LIE...

Direct2Drive UK

* NO Multi-Spectral Personal Shield (Seems to be taken out in last minute but still advertised)
* Incomplete TOS Uniforms
(No Mini-Skirts as stated official by Cryptic (or is that another 'mistake like the Guarenteed STO Closed Beta Acess was..))
Hey there,

I checked into this for you and thought I would let you know a couple of things:

1) When I looked at your account the Multi-Spectral Personal Shield is available to you. Have you gone to the C-Store to claim it? To do so, click on the little down arrow attached to the minimap, and select C-Store. Once there click on the tab "Special Unlocks". Select the item you wish to claim, and then click on the "claim" button. The item will then appear in your inventory.

2) As I have stated elsewhere on the forums, the missing miniskirts are a bug. They should be available and in-game soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing some players.

Thanks!

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuchulainnDarklight View Post
You cant actually agree to allow someone to break the law against you. If they break the law, they have broken the law, no matter how many agreements where you state you dont mind.
Yeah that is very true, but Cryptic has not broken any laws so that doesn't apply here.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey there,

I checked into this for you and thought I would let you know a couple of things:

1) When I looked at your account the Multi-Spectral Personal Shield is available to you. Have you gone to the C-Store to claim it? To do so, click on the little down arrow attached to the minimap, and select C-Store. Once there click on the tab "Special Unlocks". Select the item you wish to claim, and then click on the "claim" button. The item will then appear in your inventory.

2) As I have stated elsewhere on the forums, the missing miniskirts are a bug. They should be available and in-game soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience this is causing some players.

Thanks!

Stormshade
Ya' know, it's amazing that you guys can go through all kinds of flaming vitrol and still answer questions like this.

Where as someone like me would of just started randomly clicking 'ban' with a cheshire grin glued to my face long ago.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaZERO View Post
Ya' know, it's amazing that you guys can go through all kinds of flaming vitrol and still answer questions like this.

Where as someone like me would of just started randomly clicking 'ban' with a cheshire grin glued to my face long ago.
A thousand amens to that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaZERO View Post

probly because your not interested in our money lol.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hey there,

Thanks!

Stormshade
....wtf storm. Why tell them how to do things in an open post. I quite enjoy seeing posts like i read a few days ago. Guy *****ing about not being able to hide kits and personel equipment. Calling cryptic an amature company with no idea how to design a character like WOW can.

Don't steal my amusement!
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
The only problem I have is that today the servers are very slow. But I did get all my pre order stuff just fine. Fix your servers Cryptic!