Lt. Commander
# 1 Sleeping In PvP
02-02-2010, 09:03 AM
I understand and care about the fact of PvP being "unbalanced" however that isn't really on my mind. Most of the time a well tuned group can deal with a group of unorganized Klingons coming out of cloak.

So what my real problem is that when Federation comes into a PvP map, no matter if there is 1 or 5 players the Klingons can see them. Though on the other hand 1 Klingon can come into PvP and stay cloaked for literally forever.

I understand what they are doing and with how the system is I would do it too. They are waiting for more Klingons to que up and come join them. A smart tactic no matter how you cut it.

Worse of all is when Klingons start losing and just turtle (hide and stop playing) in cloaked form. It would take hours scanning with Science Officers to find enough of them to kill. No to mention if the someone doesn't have scanners.

All I'm asking is there to be ether a limit on cloaked time or more ways to pull the Klingons out of cloak. I understand this would really hurt the Klingons because at the moment thats all they know. However any Klingons reading this please for a moment understand what Federation is dealing with because I do understand your complaints. I understand a lot of people are trying to bring the NERF Hammer down on the Klingons and I disagree with some of their demands. All I'm asking is for a way to keep the PvP always rolling and fun for everyone.

I will be back to read this so don't try to hurt my feelings too bad.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 09:29 AM
No hurting your feelings here. We all agree deeply. Amongst the other problems with the game, the pvp map design is atrocious.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 09:35 AM
Its the queue system not cloak thats the problem. Theres just as many times we have to sit around waiting because if only 1 fed or 2 show up they tend to leave straight away, leaving us alone on the map waiting for people. Of course by then we're on there spawn area, and then its a never ending cycle of people leaving.

And during a full match alot of the times those 2/3 minutes your waiting for our next assualt is alot of klingons waiting for shields and hulls to passively repair. We're not cloaked all cloaked - just more than 30km from you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Often times premades will also cloak and wait for Feds to fully populate. What's the use of forcing Feds to warp out and having to wait for more to hit the queue? Takes longer I'd say.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwice
I understand and care about the fact of PvP being "unbalanced" however that isn't really on my mind. Most of the time a well tuned group can deal with a group of unorganized Klingons coming out of cloak.

So what my real problem is that when Federation comes into a PvP map, no matter if there is 1 or 5 players the Klingons can see them. Though on the other hand 1 Klingon can come into PvP and stay cloaked for literally forever.

I understand what they are doing and with how the system is I would do it too. They are waiting for more Klingons to que up and come join them. A smart tactic no matter how you cut it.

Worse of all is when Klingons start losing and just turtle (hide and stop playing) in cloaked form. It would take hours scanning with Science Officers to find enough of them to kill. No to mention if the someone doesn't have scanners.

All I'm asking is there to be ether a limit on cloaked time or more ways to pull the Klingons out of cloak. I understand this would really hurt the Klingons because at the moment thats all they know. However any Klingons reading this please for a moment understand what Federation is dealing with because I do understand your complaints. I understand a lot of people are trying to bring the NERF Hammer down on the Klingons and I disagree with some of their demands. All I'm asking is for a way to keep the PvP always rolling and fun for everyone.

The real problem is the atrocious queueing system, which btw we have been complaining about for quite some time now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 09:59 AM
2 of us have been in a match just now with no one to kill for half an hour, feds left at the start after being killed a few times. They really need to do something about this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwice

There will always be asses. you are wanting to penalize all of us for what a small minority do. I have seen klingons afk during a match, but those are few and far between. Most of the time, those couple minutes without someone attacking are the klingons getting ready to attack again since we cannot just sit in the open waiting because of our weaker ships.

Never seen a complete team of afkers, so for every afk klingon there is, your odds get better. 5v4, 5v3, 5v2, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Feds need some way to actively find cloaked ships. Something thats dependable but is balanced. Then I think a lot of this KvF animosity will go away and we can enjoy the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 11:23 AM
You sir have clearly not seen t2 pvp
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 01:12 PM
I see that a lot of you still don't see the point that cloaking is a problem. Federation can't sit and wait for even odds or even wait for shield or hull to repair. This is an advantage only Klingons have.

Don't get me wrong a select few problem could be fixed with better queing systems. However, the fact that Klingons pick when, where, how, and who they attack really drops down Federation vs Klingon balance. Now if the game makes want Space PvP to be one sided feel free Klingons were very strong in the T.V. show so I'd understand. Though in a PvP Online game balance is needed or atleast now a days expected. God knows how much I miss old school Starwars Galaxies. :'(

I'm in Tier 3 so I've seen all pvp so far and was in beta. So you would be wrong Goons101 if your speaking to me.