Captain
# 11
01-20-2014, 05:31 PM
The normal unit of measurement for contributions is FC. There is even a view by contributions in the various holdings and in the global roster. Everything converts down to FC so

The T5 fleet I'm in gives store access at 75k (and that is the 2nd fleet rank), so holding out store access to 200k seems pretty high to me.
Captain
# 12
01-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
The normal unit of measurement for contributions is FC. There is even a view by contributions in the various holdings and in the global roster. Everything converts down to FC so

The T5 fleet I'm in gives store access at 75k (and that is the 2nd fleet rank), so holding out store access to 200k seems pretty high to me.
Indeed, I manage one fleet on my fed aligned rom, and we give store access at 50k... 200k does seem pretty high. by 200k you would have been a fleet officer.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Doronar, Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird
VADM Genestra, USS Indomitable, Avenger Class Battle-Cruiser
Ensign
# 13
01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
Is a level 11 fleet considered good? and worth 1mil Fcred to max out in rank?
Captain
# 14
01-20-2014, 11:11 PM
A level 11 Fleet is not great, but it is not bad either. As long as your Fleet is not limiting provisions to 1 million Fleet Credits, then there is no need to get to that rank. I find there is not many differences between the ranks except one rank gives access to Fleet Stores and one rank gives access to controlling the Fleet projects.
Career Officer
# 15
01-21-2014, 05:10 AM
I don't know, our fleet keeps a much higher donation requirement, though we are quite small. 75k FC for access to the store? I can do that in one day, why should someone who hasn't tried get access to our T5 stores? That is only 1500 FM, which I make in 2-3 days max playing less than an hour a day.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 16
01-21-2014, 05:16 AM
my fleet is 100k for some provisions, and 200k for access to the stores. higher ranks gets you better access to the banks.
There are actually other players in this game? I thought they were just npcs with varying levels of AI. - starkaos
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-21-2014, 05:34 AM
Well it all depends on the fleet rly.

I see posts going out like 'at 200k contributions you would have been made an officer already' well in the fleet i am in that would mean around 60 procent is an officer of the entire fleet.

See it from this point of view.

200k is peanuts to obtain by donating some commodoties/FM s/doffs into projects.

If your going for an endbuild ship you are gonna want:

- Fleet shields
- The extra active doff slots 200k
- Some tac / embassy / engy fleet consoles around 50k each i thought?
- prolly some fleet weapons dont know out of my head
- Perhaps if your flying a carrier some pets. 100k FC each
- Fleet Warp Core

All that stuff combined will cost you at least 1m FC with ease already...

So your contributing to be allowed to 'Buy' from the store which also in the end benefits yourself again with better gear.

Besides that this should be asked at your 'Own' fleet cause in the end this is a fleet matter not an STO matter.

Best advice which is already given. If it is a starting fleet ... go elsewhere there are plenty of T4 close to T5 fleets and T5 fleets who grant you acces for much lower values 'in the end that will also mean you cant buy as much as you want cause you will need the FC anyway see other point of view'

In our case we are an SB T4 / Dill T3 / Embassy T3 / Spire T2 fleet which is already upgrading the SB towards T5 and the Spire is half at T3 'research'. And we personnaly ask a contribution for around 60k to receive acces to the fleet stores.

This is actually pretty low from my point of view as a leader cause the 'input' some people have to make to 'create' those provisions are still 'much' higher then the 60k contribution needed to get acces.

Example Fleet tac consoles provision runs. For 8 fleet tactical Provisions we need to donate this into the fleet:

325 Fleet Marks
18,000 Refined dilithium
15 Engineering and Operation Department Duty Officers
25 Duty Officers
400 [Self-Sealing Stem Bolts]
200 [Large Shield Charge]
15 [Spire Provisions]

The Spire provisions cost 7500 FC ... the combination of Fleet marks / Doffs and commodoties will bring in 16250 FC from FM / 18000 FC from Dill / 12000 FC from Doffs is 46250 FC and the fact the spire provisions cost us (cause in the end it are almost each time the same persons filling those things) 7500 FC without speaking about the other commodoties to grant 8 Fleet members the change to each buy 1 console

So for all those who yell 'that 200k contributions is a lot to get acces to a lot of stuff and you will all buy more out of any fleet then 8 provisions beleave me' your actually not even helping with the building part of the fleet you are in.

Just my point of view about it.
Ensign
# 18
01-21-2014, 06:52 AM
Send Me A Tell in game @TheBadTheGoodAndTheUgly , i wil give you a invite to our fleet, you can get whatver you want/need *you can stay or leave*

Fleet name The Thunderbirds
Empire Veteran
# 19
01-21-2014, 06:59 AM
the fleet policy op listed doesnt seem very out of line to me.
cant really say i am shocked this turned into a recruitment drive by followup posters though. i reckon youre all doing that fleet leader a solid in any case.

HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
Career Officer
# 20
01-21-2014, 07:03 AM
I'd advice you to contact the fleet leader (owner), and make your inquiries there. He/She can answer them.
If He/She cannot, due to absence or neglicense, then you are in dire straits.

the scenario you are in now, is a part of the core reason why there are so few donating stuff firsthand. They are just afraid of loosing their digital winnings. (A lot of people don't see ingame rescourses as IN COMPUTER GAME resources).

A plenty more would gain happiness and less paranoia, if more people was more like; Pfffh, it is only dil and fleetmarks, and whatnot. It isn't exactly a RL monetary system going on here.

In my fleet, Yes, I am a whale. Yes, I stand to lose a lot if We'd reach T5, and leader would kick me. On the other hand, WHO cares. I have a plentitude of marks, and there are other fleets out there that wouldn't mind a refugee in their ranks.
IF i build a T5, get kicked, well, at least I have had something to throw rescources into, instead of collecting EC's. Rarely are there anything essential out there I want (for EC). -and EC isn't a hard thing to come by.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.