Lt. Commander
# 1 Lifetime Option
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello. Since the 239 lifetime special was taken down early from the website, I was unable to add it before it went. (I had to sell a textbook before I had the money, and was unable to do so until basically the last minute unfortunately.) However, I noticed an option for a 299 lifetime sub on the subscription menu. Does this come with all the benefits of the other lifetime special?

If not, can we do something since there were many of us ready to subscribe in the last few hours of the lifetime special, and then it was taken down at the wrong time? Thank you for your answers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
$299 option does not come with the $239 option specials. Your best bet would be to call Cryptic up and start complaining. Don't hold your breath though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Shouldn't have waited until the last minute because things happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akikisaragi
Shouldn't have waited until the last minute because things happen.
Please read the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon View Post
Hello. Since the 239 lifetime special was taken down early from the website, I was unable to add it before it went. (I had to sell a textbook before I had the money, and was unable to do so until basically the last minute unfortunately.) However, I noticed an option for a 299 lifetime sub on the subscription menu. Does this come with all the benefits of the other lifetime special?

If not, can we do something since there were many of us ready to subscribe in the last few hours of the lifetime special, and then it was taken down at the wrong time? Thank you for your answers.
sorry you wont get the ability to crreate a liberated borg character..
and let me ask when did you attempt to sign up for lifetime, as you should know the deadline was the 1st of february
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
and let me ask when did you attempt to sign up for lifetime, as you should know the deadline was the 1st of february
THey took it down a few hours early then the posted time that was up for a while, so people who got the money that day got home and it was gone.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
The offer was taken down at 11:59 EST on Feb 1, when the website has always stated it to end at 11:59 PST. Website said one thing, and it was apparently coded to end on a different time zone than stated. The result is that it was taken down several hours prior to when Cryptic said they would.

I attempted to subscribe at 8:50ish PST. According to Cryptic I should have still had 3 hours.

Edit: Also, I would love to just get an official recognition and answer to this if possible. Even if the answer is "tough luck." As much as I wanted to subscribe yesterday during the designated hours it was supposed to be available, it won't prevent me from playing and enjoying STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I've seen many threads and no responses. Just want an answer! I want to give you lots of money.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon View Post
I've seen many threads and no responses. Just want an answer! I want to give you lots of money.
look if yoiu knoew you wanted the lifetime you shouldtnt of waited till the last day... but with that said.. all i can suggest is to email cryptic directly and explain your situation, they may be willing to make some exceptions ,
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
My suggestion is to talk to support. They MAY make an exception in special circumstances but they won't advertise it if they do. And the odds of them making an exception go down every minute.