Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
I am more or less in the same situation.

I had purchased Lifetime Subscription + Borg + 2 Slot Characters just before the offer expire.

I received e-mail of confirmation with a number but not of Lifetime Subscription in my account and the credit card was not debited for the moment.

I always received this message...
"Your credit card was declined. Please verify the information you have provided is correct. If you believe this is an error, please try another credit card or contact us for support here."

And with my Paypal account...
"We did not receive payment from PayPal, please contact PayPal support for more information."

My credit card and my paypal account Work perfectly on many other site ... I never had problem before

I contacted the support but they do not answer : (

I want my Lifetime Subscription + Borg + 2 Slot Characters !!!

An answer from Cryptic Please ?

(sorry if my english is bad, i'm French (Belgium)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
My suggestion is to talk to support. They MAY make an exception in special circumstances but they won't advertise it if they do. And the odds of them making an exception go down every minute.
This is a good idea, and I sorta already did it, but your advice would be appreciated. I sent them a support e-mail concerning it because there is no STO support number yet. Do you think I should try contacting the Champions phone billing support, or should I just wait for them to get back to me on the e-mail?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
I imagine they're fielding a lot of e-mails. Anything that puts you directly in front of them and gives you a few seconds to make your case is an advantage. At this point, I'd probably put the swarm of e-mails about things like this in the spam filter about now but if you can wait through an hour on hold on the phone, your request will probably be taken more seriously. But even then, only if you have a reason beyond "I forgot". It's a negotiation and one with people whose switchboard is lighting up a lot right now so I'd:

- Use the phone. It may take awhile but you're harder to ignore.
- Be polite, either way, if they do reject it.
- Have a reason why an exception should be made ready.
- Keep it brief but try to make it personable. (Ie. I used the wrong credit card and the charge didn't go through, I got the timezones mixed up, I was in the hospital, etc.) If you can't supply a reason and back it up, I wouldn't bother.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Yeah I agree with the OP....I wasnt expecting Cryptic to take down the 239 life sub offer so soon without a warning announcement. I was hoping to grab it today when I picked up my copy of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrekker View Post
Yeah I agree with the OP....I wasnt expecting Cryptic to take down the 239 life sub offer so soon without a warning announcement. I was hoping to grab it today when I picked up my copy of STO.
no warning, when the lifetime sub was announced they also said it will only be available till feb 1st... if you waited till today (feb 2nd) you of course will be too late to take part in the offer
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon View Post
I've seen many threads and no responses. Just want an answer! I want to give you lots of money.
If you want a response go to the main page, click on support and create a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkmaster View Post
no warning, when the lifetime sub was announced they also said it will only be available till feb 1st... if you waited till today (feb 2nd) you of course will be too late to take part in the offer
Yeah, this is one thing and kind of a separate problem from what many of us are having. The main issue I'd like to be addressed is the lifetime special offer coming down 4 hours early.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Man, I'm glad I didn't procrastinate. I kept talking about it and my wife just said, "Happy Birthday." Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypuppet
Man, I'm glad I didn't procrastinate. I kept talking about it and my wife just said, "Happy Birthday." Problem solved.
Can I swap?

My wife comes in - sees the computer screen, rolls her eyes and leaves the room.

Well, at least I get some peace I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 20 2010.02.02 [-A-] Wife
02-02-2010, 03:35 PM
[ RESPONSE ]
I agree and I have written it before in another thread... where do you get a wife that gives you STO? Mine will not even watch any of the shows or movies... much less anything expanded from there. Top that off that the Collective fleet is all Borg - techy zombies - and she is one place and I am in another.