Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothandros
Well I just got off phone with American Express and they are telling me it's a Billing issue with Cryptic as nothing has been charged to my account and it just declines it every time. Again nothing is wrong my card is fine but it will not accept it.
Same here went nuts and called my bank guess its not my fault so im a little happier but would be nice so i can get my dam items
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I was finally able to submit a ticket; (from the dashboard, the drop-down menu at top right, select my tickets and you can create a new one); I hope that with the launch they've got some people staffed round-the-clock to help catch up with the backlog, though I doubt they'll be phone staffed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delove
Same here went nuts and called my bank guess its not my fault so im a little happier but would be nice so i can get my dam items
I just tried again and it's still Declining. Nothing else I can do. I have checked everything, called American Express, and opened a ticket which has been open for 3 hours with no reply. I wonder just who does the Billing for Cryptic and how new this so called Billing system is. Do I have anything else to worry about at this point?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Well, it'd be nice if they'd let us download the most recent patches without an active acct so we didn't have to wait to download them once the issue is fixed.

Amusing how many other threads are about people who threw money at them and regret it, whereas we're doing our best to try and throw money and aren't getting discouraged. I used to think I was a pessimist
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
Well, it'd be nice if they'd let us download the most recent patches without an active acct so we didn't have to wait to download them once the issue is fixed.

Amusing how many other threads are about people who threw money at them and regret it, whereas we're doing our best to try and throw money and aren't getting discouraged. I used to think I was a pessimist
Regardless it's 5:06PM and I have been trying to subscribe since 10:30am and the problem is NOT on my end or with MY CARD. Would be nice to get a response as to what to do next. Would also be nice to get some kind of compensation for all this lost man hours wasting time trying to beta test Cryptics Billing System FFS. Hopefully as soon as I get this issue resolved if ever, I can go join in on the D2D missing item thread JOY. This is turning out to be worse than Star Wars Galaxies launch.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
bump and here is some wonderful music to listen to while your waiting for Cryptic Customer Support to respond to your ticket. Maybe some Circus music would be better though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OyX...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh, hey, missed this darling.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=98499

Consolidated billing issues thread. Put mine up, hopefully will get something back soon.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Everyone please keep in mind that I went through this same problem earlier, and every time I tried to process my card, it said it failed.

It didn't. And every single time I ran it through again, they charged it.

Again, and again, and again.

It overdrew my bank account and I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone. Now, my bank account is locked up. I can't use my card even for an emergency. And I haven't heard word one from Cryptic about it, and the funds have not been put back onto my card.

Funny thing is, now my account is "active".......but they're still holding about $220.00 that I didn't think I was paying them when I ran my card through all those times.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduinova
Everyone please keep in mind that I went through this same problem earlier, and every time I tried to process my card, it said it failed.

It overdrew my bank account and I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone. Now, my bank account is locked up. I can't use my card even for an emergency. And I haven't heard word one from Cryptic about it, and the funds have not been put back onto my card.

Funny thing is, now my account is "active".......but they're still holding about $220.00 that I didn't think I was paying them when I ran my card through all those times.
I had 44 pending $1 authorizations... I've got a bad feeling about this.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduinova

I checked with American Express. Thank god they didn't charge my card for anything but it shouldn't be declined it's perfeclty good. Call your credit card and revoke payment on those items it should be refunded instantly. Then find out who billed it and have the CC deal with them directly. Should speed things up because Cryptic isnt even responding to tickets with this issue. I'm sure more people will have this problem but probably havent tried to register since the overload on the servers earlier. Either way this could be a distaster for them if word gets out about overbilling.
Closed Thread