Lt. Commander
# 51
02-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
the dollor are verifiction charges used by online merchants to verify the cc account is valid. they are charged but never credited ot the account and are refund from the transaction.
My account was charged with about 9 dollars and they still haven't refunded after 2 days.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Ok, so does Cryptic not take Vanilla Visa Gift Cards, or do I need to do something, because I want to use the one I received and it keeps being declined,
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
some visa gift cards will work. but for online purchase you may have to register the card at the gift card website before they work.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I've tried, and my account is showing that CS Champions Online charged my account $1.00, but my card is still declined

Edit: I just got off the line with VanillaVisa, and it seems that the issue is on Cryptic's end. What. is. going. on? Is Cryptic trying to take my money a dollar at a time without giving me what I'm paying for? Or is there billing system just as messed up as I think it is?
Lt. Commander
# 55 ????
02-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Wtf They Are Charging Us For Every Try!?!?!?!??!?!?****ing ***gots
Lt. Commander
# 56 Yup... 25 - $1 charges
02-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Been trying since last night to get this thing going with no luck. Says my card is declined but Cryptic was certainly kind enough to charge $1 x 25 for their efforts. Sent in a ticket but in looking at other posts I certainly don't expect a response any time soon. Rather **** poor service considering the real money from an MMO comes from the subscriptions themselves and not the purchase of the client software.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-11-2010, 12:45 AM
I'm having the same problem. I checked my bank account online and I can't access my visa details as a payment request is being processed -- this must be Cryptic. I swear, if I get overcharged, the Cryptic people in charge will get a d'k tahg shoved where the sun don't shine.

The worst thing is their help system is broken, I can't raise a ticket. Being in Australia, I'm not about to call the UK or USA either.

Also, in my account nothing happens when I click 'manage payment methods'.

YOUR SILENCE IS DISGUSTING, CRYPTIC!!!

This is pathetic and if Cryptic doesn't respond to us soon, I highly recommend we demand refunds and post about the issue all over the internet. Hit 'em where it hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanfardreamer View Post
Gentlebeings, we have our answer.

If you select the PayPal option for payment, it takes you to the page to login to your PayPal account. Once you log in, it asks you for a credit card.

Here's the trick; you simply hit, on that page a bit lower down, the link to 'cancel and return to cryptic studios'. It allows the account to register, with your CD-key.
This works! WTF can't Cryptic tell people about the issue and offer a solution?! Instead, silence. It's disgusting. And people are getting overcharged because of the billing system malfunction. I'm telling everyone I know, their friends, their friends's friends, their friends's friends's dogs's friends, not to buy STO. It's the only way Cryptic will listen.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-11-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
From what I understand, it's a test to see if the CC is active, useful, what have you.. too tired to think straight. Just finished playing for 6 hours, was fun.

I hope they resolve this issue for everyone else unable to play.
Dad to deal with CC before and none of mine 4 credit cards worked with them.

I am using Paypal now for most of my payments without any issues and its easy to set it up, just limited to 100$ or so until you confirm your card with them. If your card work with paypal it also work for anything you buy with paypal regardless is place you buy from support your card or not.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Download firefox. It will work then.
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
02-11-2010, 02:22 AM -> Today?
No. *kills the zombie* Please do not unearth way, way outdated threads.
Closed Thread