Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:12 PM
They are not that bad. I enjoy them quite a bit. Almost lvl 16 now and Ill probably go to another area soon
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvin View Post
Yeah I agree with Radiozo... I did a whole bunch of exploration missions and leveled much faster than with Defend Sector missions.
They also offer more variety in missions such as both space and ground combat as well as simply beaming down to a place, figure out what the base was for and beam back.
They are the kind of missions that remind me the most of TNG episodes.
An additional bonus to these are the exploration badges which you can trade for free gear... even if you don't need the gear you can just sell it back to some npc and get credits straightaway.

I'd definately recommend the exploration missions... storyline missions obviously as well... but for other reasons.
I agree that the Exploration Missions are nice. Guaranteed loot with the badges and nice exp.

I also agree that these seem the most Star Trek like. However, if you ever get one where the mission objective is 'Aid the Planet', gather the anomalies in the sector and abort the mission. Right now, those are a big waste of time and energy credits.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
i do like the exploration missions but i didnt know what those badges are for

how do i use the badges and what kind of equipment are they for?

Also at what levels can you use each level of mk wepaon?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapuma View Post
i do like the exploration missions but i didnt know what those badges are for

how do i use the badges and what kind of equipment are they for?

Also at what levels can you use each level of mk wepaon?
The badges are for equipment.

Ship equipment can be bought with badges at Earth Spacedock. When you beam in, go to your right to the shipyard. From there, go up the ramp and into the door at the top. There will be 4 NPCs there that you can trade badges with.

Ground equipment can also be bought with badges at Earth Spacedock. Make your way to the center of the map on the ground floor, and you will find 4 or 5 NPCs to trade badges with.

Equipment
Lt: Mk I - Mk II
LtC: Mk III - Mk IV
Comm: Mk V - Mk VI
Capt: Mk VII - Mk VIII
Adm: Mk IX - Mk X
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 02:43 PM
awesome ty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlinjoe View Post
The badges are for equipment.

Ship equipment can be bought with badges at Earth Spacedock. When you beam in, go to your right to the shipyard. From there, go up the ramp and into the door at the top. There will be 4 NPCs there that you can trade badges with.

Ground equipment can also be bought with badges at Earth Spacedock. Make your way to the center of the map on the ground floor, and you will find 4 or 5 NPCs to trade badges with.

Equipment
Lt: Mk I - Mk II
LtC: Mk III - Mk IV
Comm: Mk V - Mk VI
Capt: Mk VII - Mk VIII
Adm: Mk IX - Mk X
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Ive noticed that the older exploration zones won't upgrade with your level. So if you want to do Arcanis Arm you'll still get Order 1 badges and not 2 and so on.. You'll be forced to fly to the exploration area appropriate to your level.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I second exploration missions.
My tactic for getting from lt commander to commander is to do the explore the hromi cluster mission, then do the defend the pi canis sector block while i'm waiting to do the exploration again (since it's about 15 minutes before that quest is offered again, and the sectors are right next to each other).
I've noticed that in reality you get a lot more xp from the exploration missions than the mission dialogue will tell you. For instance, I've found that whenever I complete a system exploration that involves combat, I gain around 100 xp just from that sub-mission.
When I happen to get two combat sub-missions in an exploration mission, I've been getting a total of over 300 xp. And then there's the already mentioned added bonus of getting the badges to trade for awesome stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 03:31 PM
i did it with exploration missions.

Episodes are too slow, Pvp also , and deep space encounter are only ok when you switch maps and get the right ones there the timer is down (and the ships are killed fast) , so exploration is safe you can choose when you get a mission you dont like to quit the current mission and take another.
And Patrols are of course nice, but there arent enough for leveling up.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosch25
i did it with exploration missions.

Episodes are too slow, Pvp also , and deep space encounter are only ok when you switch maps and get the right ones there the timer is down (and the ships are killed fast) , so exploration is safe you can choose when you get a mission you dont like to quit the current mission and take another.
And Patrols are of course nice, but there arent enough for leveling up.
IMO the episodes seem to be the best. yes they are slow, but unlike the patrol and the exploration repeatables. you seem to get a small bonus at the completion end of each leg of the episodic content which makes the overall reward much greater.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
That was my problem i never got something like that, my experience was 30-40 min per episode (first time playing it) 150 exp (or lower ? ) + kill exp in this time you can finish 3-5 exploration mission, thats 52 + kill exp and you can finish the repetable thats also 52 i think ? (from level 1-10 of course). And also patrols gave per step exp (thats why they are so great.
I also thought to the episodes " man when they would give exp per step it would be really ok".