Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
This whole distribution is a mess. Several retailers (GS and Amazon.uk in particular) are seriously dropping the ball, plus there seems to be signs of problems with packaging and key distribution.

A lot of parties seeming to make a lot of mistakes, and only Cryptic in a position to help fix everything.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
[quote=hitrate;1881066]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 000Feeder View Post
My Gamestop refunded my preorder without my permission at the last second and now I can't get my Constitution, and I can't play the game at all. [/QUOTE

No, he probably did not pay attention, and he got an email like i did that said there was a problem with my order, and you have this much time to call us and fix it or we will cancel this order.
How'd that happen? Everything was entered correctly. I found an Email mailed 2-1-10, and said my order was cancelled, with no explanation whatsoever.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screechprime View Post
You're not the only one. A friend of mine ordered the gold edition from Amazon UK, and has just been informed that his order has been cancelled due to "insufficient stock levels". I hope he got a refund...
Same thing happened to me. I ended up buying it from Steam instead. Needless to say, I won't be pre-ordering from them again. Now to check how the download is going.... ah, still 77%. Curses.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Maybe I've just been lucky so far, my gamestop CE was dispatched this morning and so far nothing from Amazon UK to indicate my order will be cancelled, it does say it will be late on the open orders page though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 000Feeder View Post
My Gamestop refunded my preorder without my permission at the last second and now I can't get my Constitution, and I can't play the game at all.
Copy of e-mail or it didn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I bet he got the same email that a lot of folks did when they ordered thru TryMedia. Badly written that says your order shipped and in the next sentence says it was canceled.

Personally I think they didn't receive enough keys to distribute so they just started canceling the downloads.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screechprime View Post
You're not the only one. A friend of mine ordered the gold edition from Amazon UK, and has just been informed that his order has been cancelled due to "insufficient stock levels". I hope he got a refund...
Lucky you haha, my GS had 10x the amount of people pre ordering CE then they did CE's themselves, 6 CEs to 50+ CE preorders, im glad I was first there.