Lt. Commander
# 1 Advice on Retailer
02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I will keep this simple and fast...

I am about to get me another version of the game, so I want an advice on you guys about what retailer is actually delivering the correct keys.

I just dont want to spent, again, money on a retailer that wont sent me the retail key (like the XFIRE and GAMETAP are doing). It must be a retailer that sells the download version, as transport and taxes on physical game media make the costs astronomic here on Brazil.

So... What retailer you guys suggest me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Hmm... Should I add PLEEEEEASE on the thread title?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Cant understand why anyone would buy 2 copies. Are you willing to pay $50+ for a few meaningless bonus items?
Ah well, if you must I can say that D2D sent out keys that eventually worked ( that was a Cryptic payment issue and not D2D) but I don't know if they have any items worth the cash.

Or am I being dumb? I bet I'm being dumb and you need another account for another player? That would be reasonable.

http://www.direct2drive.com/
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
Cant understand why anyone would buy 2 copies. Are you willing to pay $50+ for a few meaningless bonus items?
Ah well, if you must I can say that D2D sent out keys that eventually worked ( that was a Cryptic payment issue and not D2D) but I don't know if they have any items worth the cash.

Or am I being dumb? I bet I'm being dumb and you need another account for another player? That would be reasonable.

By another I think he means that his was cancelled. Amazon just cancelled a lot of ppl for not having enough copies and such. Even digital versions (dunno how that makes sense).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac

Zoot, actually I dont care about items.

I want another key because the stupid XFIRE isnt sending the Retail Keys to anyone. Which means that the version I got will be deactivated in a few days because of that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayJMM
Zoot, actually I dont care about items.

I want another key because the stupid XFIRE isnt sending the Retail Keys to anyone. Which means that the version I got will be deactivated in a few days because of that.
Don't panic yet. While not getting a key or response from X-Fire is pretty terrible, wait a bit and see if we get a response from X-Fire or Cryptic. I can't see Cryptic hanging X-Fire customers out to dry and cutting off our access because X-Fire didn't send the keys.

If you have already canceled and not been charged, check out Steam or D2D. While they haven't been problem free, they seem to be legitimate online retailers.