Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
02-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by total.package View Post
What really needs to happen, to at least mitigate the pain of the slow turning, is at least quadrupling the pickup range on loot.

Why is it so small?

You have to practically run the loot over and scoop it up. "Send Data out on the hull and grab it as we pass by"
I remember a game called Earth and Beyond.... We have tractor beams don't we? Why can't we tractor our loot right in? Just like EnB.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
02-04-2010, 02:45 PM
I've learned to live with the lack of maneuverability in the T2 cruiser, and the T3 cruiser felt a little sluggish for what it was during open beta...but FIVE?! I love the Galaxy more than almost any ship in Star Trek, but I'm seriously considering skipping it at this point, unless the turn rate is changed. Looks like I'll be flying an Intrepid instead, unless this changes.

Cryptic, please. Change the turn rate to 7 for the T4 cruisers; it would be greatly appreciated by your cruiser captains.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallen View Post
Yes, but they invest energy into removing our ability to colour our beams (not a decision I disagree with, people were being silly), so obviously what we think are priorities are obviously not the same as what they do
True. They do change irrelevant things at this time. Instead they could use more intel on honing performance issues etc. I myself like i think many other have serious issues especially in ground combat when game just freezes for some seconds because serious network lag on their server end. At least i have inspected my system and they are working on peak efficiency
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaPel
True. They do change irrelevant things at this time. Instead they could use more intel on honing performance issues etc. I myself like i think many other have serious issues especially in ground combat when game just freezes for some seconds because serious network lag on their server end. At least i have inspected my system and they are working on peak efficiency
This is a 30 second change.
You open the file and alter the number associated with the ship in the appropriate column.

I know because I do it all the time in all my various games where these types of things are involved.
From Armada and SFC to Company of Heroes and Warhammer 40k

It is not some all consuming time sink that you would like to make it out to be.
This is a simple 30 second file altercation.

The results could then be monitored for the next few weeks/months and the forums would serve as a sounding board for the changes, as always.

So no, there is no reason for it to be taking this long, no reason for a lack of any official response, and no reason for them to not change it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verkruk View Post
This is a 30 second change.
You open the file and alter the number associated with the ship in the appropriate column.

I know because I do it all the time in all my various games where these types of things are involved.
From Armada and SFC to Company of Heroes and Warhammer 40k

It is not some all consuming time sink that you would like to make it out to be.
This is a simple 30 second file altercation.

The results could then be monitored for the next few weeks/months and the forums would serve as a sounding board for the changes, as always.

So no, there is no reason for it to be taking this long, no reason for a lack of any official response, and no reason for them to not change it.
Balance is the reason. It is simply not allowed in any way, shape, form, or fashion to give anything to any ship type but escorts. If you give cruisers something, you must give escorts 10x of that something. Anything that threatens the supremacy of the escort's domination of all content in the game is to be shunned.

The game's not Cruisers Online, you know. What were you thinking in even suggesting it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
02-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissle
This is a classic case of a bad designer only balancing for combat, not noticing the harm he is causing in any other facet of space playability. By the time you swing around to grab the loot that spawned behind you and back, your escort friend has killed the next two spawns in the mission. It's that long of a time.

Also, turn rate consoles are apparently bugged. But then again I shouldn't have to equip turn speed consoles just to make it to combat. Imagine if weapon power for escorts rose so slowly as to require a 1 minute wait just to charge from 5 to 100. Imagine what that would do to you every time you came out of full impulse for combat. Your friends could attack, you would just sit there waiting till you could do some damage. And you had to equip every tactical console slot you have to cut that time to 30 seconds.
thats the escorts job. provide that kind of support for you a less maneuverable ship while you soak up the damage, you are not supposed to be able to turn on a dime.

seriously people complaining about cruiser turn rate, need to try escort, when your ships are gone in the first enemy pass, even though you are constantly reinforcing and have on shield powers, then you will see.

if you get more turn rate, I want more ****in shields!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
02-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallen View Post
So in a game where combat defines progression, cruisers are cargo planes.

Gotcha.
They are a WORK HORSE... not a Thoroughbred.

Side Note: While very rare, both the C-5 and the C-17 cargo planes can be equipped with limited weapons capabilities. Or if you simply can't get over the idea of a Cruiser being similar to a cargo plane, then picture it as being similar to an E-3.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
02-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikor View Post
They are a WORK HORSE... not a Thoroughbred.
Yes, but there's no advancement for a work horse, no task that we do better than anyone else. In your analogy, STO is the Kentucky Derby. The work horse is out back, pulling the manure wagon, because manure wagons need to be pulled.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
02-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macallen View Post
Yes, but there's no advancement for a work horse, no task that we do better than anyone else. In your analogy, STO is the Kentucky Derby. The work horse is out back, pulling the manure wagon, because manure wagons need to be pulled.
Well, I'm sorry if you don't like the role they were designed for but that is what they are. The primary role of a Cruiser in Star Trek is not combat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissle
This is a classic case of a bad designer only balancing for combat, not noticing the harm he is causing in any other facet of space playability. By the time you swing around to grab the loot that spawned behind you and back, your escort friend has killed the next two spawns in the mission. It's that long of a time.
My question to you would be... why on earth are you worrying about looting while there are still enemy ships to kill?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:17 PM.