Starfleet Veteran
I am currently working on a mission (Terra Nova Invasion) featuring a storyline of the Borg attempting to Capture Terra Nova Colony (you must stop them).

It is currently a MAJOR work in progress, but I appreciate any feedback I can get to make it better.

TO NOTE:

It is mainly ground, but there is a short space sequence at the beginning
It has a lot of Borg, so have your Remodulator handy
I think, if I did it right, there are quite a few bosses to fight (though it may just be skins)
You may want to run it as a group (not sure the difficulty level quite yet)
Again, it is a work in progress, and nowhere near complete (please keep that in mind when reviewing)

Thank you in advance

TO FIX:

* Need to either pick old or new Borg (or explain the mix somehow) Added content to explain the mix
* Name NPCs
* Enemy NPCs in Space are at 0 Y axis Should be fixed
* Explosion effect upon sabotaging the Cube flickers.
* Second Terranova Space Map Map dropped
* Map Markers overlap Attempted to reduce items in markers to make things easier to find. Let me know if it helped
* Borg infector half out of ground lowered
* Borg water scans removed some, all should be scanable now
* Borg mobs have no kill task in the colony itself, so you can leave most of them alive (and miss most of the detail of the colony as well)

Last edited by switchngc; 01-24-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Updated list
Captain
# 2
01-22-2014, 01:41 PM
My first mission was "The Return to Terra Nova." You might check it out, in case it helps to provide ideas. Of course, our two missions could contradict each other, which is fine with me.
Career Officer
# 3
01-23-2014, 04:53 PM
Here are my notes for my WIP test of the mission

-Mix of VOY era borg and STO-Era Borg

-Enemy NPCs in Space are at 0 Y axis

-NAME YOUR NPCS

Explosion effect upon sabotaging the Cube flickers. Could be an issue for Eppiletic players. Im not epileptic and I was getting a headache from it. The flickering electro tiles seem to be the issue

- Second Terranova Space Map is litterally hit a button and then change zones. drop it entirely.

-Terranova ground is beautiful but your Map Markers overlap and make it hard to find things

- Terra Nova Map, top left, the Borg thingy you need to scan is half out of the ground. Bring it down... 3-5 Meters

- Borg thingies in the water arent able to be all scanned. I got 6/7. Or was it 7/8? I forget. I had one left.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
01-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirboulevard View Post
Here are my notes for my WIP test of the mission

-Mix of VOY era borg and STO-Era Borg

-Enemy NPCs in Space are at 0 Y axis

-NAME YOUR NPCS

Explosion effect upon sabotaging the Cube flickers. Could be an issue for Eppiletic players. Im not epileptic and I was getting a headache from it. The flickering electro tiles seem to be the issue

- Second Terranova Space Map is litterally hit a button and then change zones. drop it entirely.

-Terranova ground is beautiful but your Map Markers overlap and make it hard to find things

- Terra Nova Map, top left, the Borg thingy you need to scan is half out of the ground. Bring it down... 3-5 Meters

- Borg thingies in the water arent able to be all scanned. I got 6/7. Or was it 7/8? I forget. I had one left.
Thank you for your review and comments!!!

Most of the items you listed above have been fixed (especially the major one preventing you from completing the mission).

I still have no ending for the mission finished yet, but it will include building interiors, which I need to brush up on.

Naming NPCs and the flicker still need fixing at this point as well
Captain
# 5
01-24-2014, 10:19 PM
Shale! (jk )
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-06-2014, 08:30 PM
All maps now have at least one objective so that I can test pathing and such on Holodeck. Any map with just one objective is not complete (many are nowhere near complete) and those objectives are just placeholders (some may end up being actual objectives in the final project but just have placeholder text for now).

again, this project is not complete.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
04-11-2014, 09:27 PM
This mission is now ready for others to play. (I hope)

I have checked the placement of all of my mobs several times, and for some reason, some of them have changed a couple of times (I don't know how or why, but if you run into difficulty with mobs being unreachable please be as descriptive as possible as to their locations so I can try to fix them).

The difficulty, especially as you progress, is fairly hard, so expect that.

I know that in at least one map a BOFF fell through something and was unable to rejoin the group, but I am unsure where and have not been able to repeat the issue, so if you run into that I would appreciate any information as well to fix it.

It is my first mission, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.