Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyenaZERO View Post
I recall getting a blue engine as a reward option for a klingon sector episode at the end of open beta.

It was called an 'Efficient' engine, and it had some NICE power bonuses, in addition to having a high maneuvering bonus.

Never got any farther than that before the beta wipe, but it would not surprise me to find more such rewards for episodes.
I've gotten a few Blue rewards lately - just recently (LtCom2) I got a set of Blue ground armor (that I then passed off to my ground-tactical officer). And I think at least one or two other of my missions offered Blue rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB
So on top of providing point defense, it also boosts beam weapons, and you'll otherwise never be to find it or earn it in game. Really, if they're going to sell nice stuff like this on the side, they may as well just make the game free-to-play.
I do not think it actually adds to plasma damage i honestly thing the tool tip for it is a bug. +45 is a pretty HUGE number compared to every other boosting console in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balendor
Ack, I want blue items so bad. Do you ever get blues from mission rewards, or is it pretty much only drops?
I think I remember being offered a blue personal shield for one mission during open beta. "Offered" being the operative word, since it bugged out and I never got the reward.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBunneh
I do not think it actually adds to plasma damage i honestly thing the tool tip for it is a bug. +45 is a pretty HUGE number compared to every other boosting console in the game.
"Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds Increase the damage of all starship beam weapons."

So this means what exactly? That there's a Manifold console that can boost the power of the ADT or that in addition to the ADT, the console boosts all beam weapons?

I think it's fine if someone wants to use a tactical console to fit a little extra gun, but if it provides additional bonuses, that's a bit of a problem for me. The special trill and borg offers bonuses were nice and balanced with general gameplay, but I don't think someone should be allowed to pay to be uber.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Is this per character or per account?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB
"Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds Increase the damage of all starship beam weapons."

So this means what exactly? That there's a Manifold console that can boost the power of the ADT or that in addition to the ADT, the console boosts all beam weapons?

I think it's fine if someone wants to use a tactical console to fit a little extra gun, but if it provides additional bonuses, that's a bit of a problem for me. The special trill and borg offers bonuses were nice and balanced with general gameplay, but I don't think someone should be allowed to pay to be uber.
im pretty certain later on a slight bonus to damage will be tiny.... the turrets only real use is dealing with annoying things like energy drainers.... shuttles and plasma torps.... god it cant even deal with a fighter
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CnB

Yes and I believe all of that is a huge bug. People that have used it in game pretty much are saying it does what they noted on the web site. Acts as a vary short range defense weapon. So yes I agree if it does all that it OP but I think the text and info is all wrong for what it is actually doing.

It would be nice if we could get a Dev to at lest say one way or another what is up with it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verius
Reports from people who've used this in game indicate that it is exactly as advertised.

It is a passive 45dmg plasma turret which fires on whatever is closest to you within about a 3km range and takes a tactical bridge console slot. Users say it's better than expected, great at shooting down plasma torps, mines, energy drainers, fighters, etc.

So do you have to have plasma weapons for it to be any good.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Unequip it in the Briar Patch, it likes to shoot clouds at close range, not good.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcCowboy View Post
So do you have to have plasma weapons for it to be any good.
No it does not actually add anything to weapon damage. That is a mistake in the tip. I have seen no addon damage. What it does is like they said it is its own turret with a small dmg plama attack at close range.