Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
The title pretty much says it. I realized after the first crack at editing one of my BO's that I had messed up what I wanted her last name to be. When I went to change it, I was told it would cost 1,500 merit.

Given how long it takes to build up that amount and the fact that it's also needed for ship upgrades, I think that price is way too high. I could understand if I totally wanted to revamp and re-design my BO, but all I want to do is change one part of her full name. We're literally talking about like 6 or 7 letters here. Something that simple shouldn't cost the equivalent of multiple hours of gameplay.

The cost for editing BO names and the like needs to be reduced from what I can tell, if not made completely free.

Just a thought on an area where the game could improve. Lovin' it overall so far!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Hmmm ... used to be 1000 ... guess the price went up. Oh well, not like that is something you are going to do a lot. Especially when the first name change is for free.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:33 PM
IM almost at captain level, and i have 15k merit...so maybe its not that harsch...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Commander_Nate, where did you get that jacket? I want one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
IM almost at captain level, and i have 15k merit...so maybe its not that harsch...
I managed have almost 20k credits before I even hit LtCmd on my first headstart character. Not trying to brag, just making the point that 1,500 credits ends up not being that big of deal eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I'm still at Lt so it seems steep to me. I guess because I can only get a few hours in during the week and a few more on the weekend. Maybe once I get to higher levels I won't care, it just seems kinda harsh for us lower-ranking types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovek
Commander_Nate, where did you get that jacket? I want one.
I got it at the Star Trek Tour back in 2008 when it was in Long Beach, CA. It was a pretty cool little experience. They also had a white version of this jacket with the same gold trim. You might be able to find it online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothic
I managed have almost 20k credits before I even hit LtCmd on my first headstart character. Not trying to brag, just making the point that 1,500 credits ends up not being that big of deal eventually.
What types of things were you doing? Seems like most of the patrol missions barely give you any and the episodic ones vary in how much merit you get.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
I have about 1mil credits :p not trying to brag also :p but yes, i was speaking about merit...