Lt. Commander
# 441 Or
02-08-2010, 04:52 AM
Worse, you get the game loading into another map of what have you, and then you get lost connection to server and you can't log back in for like an hour with no que whatsoever.

Like a abused step child I will sit back and tell myself that it will get better........eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 442
02-08-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEKHEY-415 View Post
with the money you guys made and are still making ,,well i quess it's boats,condos and naked girls all around ya.hope ya find time to purchase and exspand the servers for us STO players..if not i hope you BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE.....and you know where that is.......
I doubt it. The game has been in development for years, not making any money at all. Most developers stay afloat during the development process through loans. STO has only just started making money and even though Cryptic have had a few game releases before, the development of STO will have been sucking up valuable funds. This is often why developers release MMOs too early; they need to start making cash to cover the bills and pay the staff. So I seriously doubt anyone on the development team is sitting on a newly bought yacht, smoking Cuban cigars lit with golden zippos by big breasted women in tiny bikinis.

As far as MMO releases go, I'd have to say this went pretty smooth. Yes Cryptic should have anticipated the demand but financially speaking they were very prudent. MMOs have previously been released expecting the whole gaming community to jump on board and have flopped tragically.

On the other hand, it would be nice to hear an update on what's been going on and what Cryptic intend to do to fix it. I can't honestly blame Cryptic from shying away from these forums however; they're currently a cesspool of hatred, complains and malcontented grumbling.
Lt. Commander
# 443
02-08-2010, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidbroth View Post
I doubt it. The game has been in development for years, not making any money at all. Most developers stay afloat during the development process through loans. STO has only just started making money and even though Cryptic have had a few game releases before, the development of STO will have been sucking up valuable funds. This is often why developers release MMOs too early; they need to start making cash to cover the bills and pay the staff. So I seriously doubt anyone on the development team is sitting on a newly bought yacht, smoking Cuban cigars lit with golden zippos by big breasted women in tiny bikinis.

As far as MMO releases go, I'd have to say this went pretty smooth. Yes Cryptic should have anticipated the demand but financially speaking they were very prudent. MMOs have previously been released expecting the whole gaming community to jump on board and have flopped tragically.

On the other hand, it would be nice to hear an update on what's been going on and what Cryptic intend to do to fix it. I can't honestly blame Cryptic from shying away from these forums however; they're currently a cesspool of hatred, complains and malcontented grumbling.
Very well put.
Lt. Commander
# 444
02-08-2010, 05:15 AM
So did they increase server capacity yet? I'm still getting dropped too frequently for my money.
Lt. Commander
# 445
02-08-2010, 05:17 AM
There will be an announcement when they have everything ready. I'm new to MMORPGS myself and even I know that not everything will be prefect, everyone needs to chill and have some patience.
Lt. Commander
# 446 message from the dr. Bones
02-08-2010, 05:20 AM
you here from the dr. in sick bay jim i just have to give it to ya straght it's about the server ....... i tried everything and " it's dead jim " i'm a dr. not a computer tech. you can try the new internet provider called SOL you log in and check you mail and it says " server Down.... you got nothing > you reclick the mail, and it says "server down you got nothing !!!!!!!!!!! "some one fire scotty get him out of the server room the engine already blew!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey guys by the big ibm internet server. you know the 1 million dollar one that broke the world record for speed . it might help just wanted to say something
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidbroth View Post
I personally get a kick out of mouth frothing members that can barely put together a legible sentence. I downloaded the game last night (via steam), shelled out cash for the title and subscription - then couldn't log in.

Can only laugh. Datacenter power is expensive, I can only hope there are enough members around to keep paying the power bills.
Lt. Commander
# 448
02-08-2010, 05:43 AM
You do realize the server is down for scheduled maintenance, right?

I played this weekend and Sunday in particular ran great for me. No lag, no crashes during my playtime (US daylight hours). It was nice.
Lt. Commander
# 449
02-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veive257 View Post
So did they increase server capacity yet? I'm still getting dropped too frequently for my money.
nope. shafted once again. Spent close to 2 hours this weekend wasting my playing time waiting in the damm queue!!
Lt. Commander
# 450
02-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Well I don't know why but my connection is stable. Thank god for that cause I've already bought me a lifetome subscription. however the only thing that could do with some improvement if you ask me is the lag. especially on the planets. Space combat is working fine tho