Lt. Commander
# 501
02-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, at least I have other games to play while the server issues are resolved. A little Mass Effect 2, maybe a little Bioshock 2. Heck, at this rate I might even have to wait for the release of Heavy Rain on the 23rd before I will be able to play this game.

Not a huge gripe as i understand that all new MMOs have issues. I just seems that every other MMO is better at communicating with their customers and acknowleding that there are issues.

Yes, we all remember that WoW had issues years ago. However, Blizzard actually communicated with their fan base and kept us informed. This is one area where Cryptic really does need to improve and ASAP.

Kinda makes me wonder if Cryptic is having money issues and cannot afford a Community Relations staff....

Either Cryptic figures that they can ignore us and we won't leave because we are all a bunch of hardcore Trekkies or they are having money issues. Neither prospect is good.
Lt. Commander
# 502
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship_of_the_Line
Well, at least I have other games to play while the server issues are resolved. A little Mass Effect 2, maybe a little Bioshock 2. Heck, at this rate I might even have to wait for the release of Heavy Rain on the 23rd before I will be able to play this game.

Not a huge gripe as i understand that all new MMOs have issues. I just seems that every other MMO is better at communicating with their customers and acknowleding that there are issues.

Yes, we all remember that WoW had issues years ago. However, Blizzard actually communicated with their fan base and kept us informed. This is one area where Cryptic really does need to improve and ASAP.

Kinda makes me wonder if Cryptic is having money issues and cannot afford a Community Relations staff....

Either Cryptic figures that they can ignore us and we won't leave because we are all a bunch of hardcore Trekkies or they are having money issues. Neither prospect is good.
They shouldnt be having any money issues since they've raked in tons from us lifers lol. I do agree I loved how Bliizzard kept tabs with the community letting us know how things were progressing. I hope Cryptic does the same even though they haven't. If there spending their time fixing things then rather talken to us then so be it. But common have someone whos a lowly grunt feed us info so we know things are progressing.

They just posted the release notes for feb 11th nothing about server stability or them fixing that in any reguards...sigh

Ive never delt with Cryptic thus far and Im giving them all my support but I hope they dont turn into SOE *shutters*
Lt. Commander
# 503
02-11-2010, 11:01 PM
There is no extra server capacity coming. Who still believes that after how many promisses now?

They said it during Open Beta. So called rush orders (uh huh).

They said it during Headstart. Right.

And they said it again during release. Righto again.

I think Cryptic would make the Iraqi information minister a saint that always told the truth.

Jer
Lt. Commander
... the disconnects and the queues ...

maybe all of you swearing off about Cryptic and STO should give up and demand your money back and never come back to STO.

... the less of you on the queue, the faster I get to play.
Lt. Commander
# 505
02-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Update please!
Lt. Commander
# 506
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
A little communication would certainly be nice. My personal experience hasn't been too bad, some rubber-banding is all, but I tend not to play during peak hours. If even I'm getting some lag playing at 4 AM US Eastern, then I can only imagine how bad it must be a few hours earlier in prime-time. We were told some sort of increased capacity was coming last weekend, then no communication...what's going on?
Lt. Commander
# 507
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah last weekend now this weekend thanks for the update really gives me confidence

Hey folks,

We just wanted to update you on our in-game server capacity status. Throughout Head Start we noticed the overwhelming response to the game and we are working on changes to further increase the number of people who can play Star Trek Online at any given time. Our current plan is to have these changes in place sometime this coming weekend. We will, of course, keep you updated on progress as it happens.

Really, we just want to thank you all again for your continued support and patience. If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be here.

-The Star Trek Online Team

Guess they won't be here long c'mon guy's get a handle on this will ya I'd like to play a smooth game 1 x
Lt. Commander
# 508
02-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer318
Yeah last weekend now this weekend thanks for the update really gives me confidence

Hey folks,

We just wanted to update you on our in-game server capacity status. Throughout Head Start we noticed the overwhelming response to the game and we are working on changes to further increase the number of people who can play Star Trek Online at any given time. Our current plan is to have these changes in place sometime this coming weekend. We will, of course, keep you updated on progress as it happens.

Really, we just want to thank you all again for your continued support and patience. If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be here.

-The Star Trek Online Team

Guess they won't be here long c'mon guy's get a handle on this will ya I'd like to play a smooth game 1 x
Yep totally agree with yah. Im already gettin that SOE feeling in my stomach....not looken good, I hope Cryptic makes a turn around or Iam not going to be too thrilled about my purchase:lifetime sub, from these guys...sigh
Lt. Commander
# 509
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
They just posted an update

Checks it out...am i seeing things??!?!?!?

"•Made some improvements to ease lag during peak play times. We will continue to monitor and are working on additional performance increases."

Would be nice to know exaclty what that implys...common gms are you guys gettin addition servers!!
Lt. Commander
# 510
02-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
They just posted an update

Checks it out...am i seeing things??!?!?!?

"•Made some improvements to ease lag during peak play times. We will continue to monitor and are working on additional performance increases."

Would be nice to know exaclty what that implys...common gms are you guys gettin addition servers!!
ROFL come on this is Cryptic until 50% of the player base can't play we wont see new hardware. It doesnt take that long to add new servers.