Lt. Commander
# 521
02-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adronyth
They increased the server capacity already but the number of people who wants to play at the same time increased too.
So keep this in mind before complaining about this.
O RLY?

Proof?
Lt. Commander
# 522
02-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Well just asked a GM this is what was returned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
This maintenance period is for performance and stability, we are not adding new servers (we did two upgrades to our servers last week) during this particular downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 523
02-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Total B.S. There hasn't been any progress to stability. Cryptic is making fools out of us. They're sittin' around reading posts of people blowin' gaskets about more downtime, and laughin' their asses off. AND gettin' paid to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 524 crashing and lagging:-(
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah...Cryptic said we are increasing server capacity...but did they?
I keep crashing...keep having severe lag...and what I have learnt they call 'rubber band lag'..even more so at SOL then most places.
My ship turns in opposite directions with a 'jitter' at times..not allowing me to fight comfortably:-(
I want this game to work..i want this game to be great...I try not to get annoyed and tell myself it's temporary...but it just doesn't seem to be getting better...even after they stated in release notes that the issues were resolved
I'm just upset that I keep crashing out...have difficulty logging in and staying logged without getting kicked to desktop with a "oops, your cryptic account has crashed"
Spent a fortune on 50mb line...new graphics card and Ram....updated drivers...and well...
Lt. Commander
# 525
02-14-2010, 03:58 PM
According to what I read in another forum on this site, they said that they DID add new servers, but that they are the cause for the disconnects because they lose network connectivity for a few seconds every once in awhile. To my knowledge, none of them are online and we are playing on whatever POS servers they already have.
Lt. Commander
# 526
02-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadger
According to what I read in another forum on this site, they said that they DID add new servers, but that they are the cause for the disconnects because they lose network connectivity for a few seconds every once in awhile. To my knowledge, none of them are online and we are playing on whatever POS servers they already have.
yep I saw that thread and the GM who posted it. So it looks like they did get new servers but having complications with the transfering of Information. Well its good they did get new servers so I guess we just have to stick it through and hopefully soon will get no more que time or lag or rubberbanding. It would be epic if all that ends

Common cryptic I still have my fingers crossed you will be here for the community.
Lt. Commander
# 527
02-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Just for those who havent seen the post here she be. Lets hope we see an improvement soon

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...54&postcount=4
Lt. Commander
# 528
02-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Just for those who havent seen the post here she be. Lets hope we see an improvement soon

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...54&postcount=4
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
The new servers are actually what is causing the problems ;-) We had to move some of the shard core servers off the new, faster boxes because they keep exploding (randomly losing network connectivity for a fraction of a second).
Cheers!
FYI_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 529
02-14-2010, 07:59 PM
server are exploding... bad server..
Lt. Commander
# 530
02-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
A note from the team about some upcoming changes to get you in-game more easily, more often.

Link to the news article.
This was posted: 02-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Which was 12 days ago.
I'm wondering just how soon soon is.