Career Officer
I was thinking there needs to be a way to reward people for putting the expensive or tough stuff into fleet projects. Usually in a medium to large fleet people pour in the marks, commodities, expertise, data samples, et cetera- leaving dilithium and doffs for "someone else." If there is a reward, say an amount of fleet credits in proportion to the scale of the project being completed- i.e. 10,000 for tier one projects, 20,000 for T2, and so on. For projects like Advanced Multidiciplinary Research, say 1000 for T1, 2000 for T2, and so on.

I feel like this will give some motivation to donate the more expensive items.

Thoughts?
Commander
# 2
01-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I think that's an awesome idea. In my fleet we are kinda small with many that have multiple toons including myself. Most of the smaller items or the items that seem easier to get are filled with no problem. Dilithium, people hoard it. They are unwilling to part with such a precious resource.
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-19-2014, 07:52 PM
Eh, I'd rather just see em increase the FCs you get for donating DOFFs and dil.

2 FCs per 1 dil
400-500 FCs per DOFF

That'd help a lot right there I think.

Captain
# 4
01-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehalfklingon View Post
Thoughts?
I'm thinking that you need to pony up yourself. It's your fleet, YOU do it. Take some personal responsibility and stop trying to shirk your job. Everyone seems to want to foist this job onto someone else. Since you all behave this way, it doesn't get done. You want fleet progression in your fleet, YOU take responsibility for it.
Captain
# 5
01-19-2014, 10:32 PM
As a fleet leader it is really up to you, to motivate them into coming off that dilithium and doff's. Offer up some form of actual reward, and it could get some of their attention, or group together as a fleet and kill mad borg and voth together so they net tons of stored dilithium.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Captain
# 6
01-19-2014, 10:35 PM
Dilithium should be tripled...all i wouldmreqiest
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Commander
# 7
01-20-2014, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I'm thinking that you need to pony up yourself. It's your fleet, YOU do it. Take some personal responsibility and stop trying to shirk your job. Everyone seems to want to foist this job onto someone else. Since you all behave this way, it doesn't get done. You want fleet progression in your fleet, YOU take responsibility for it.
You kinda have a point there, but I do see what the OP is getting at. It would be nice if the whole process were more streamlined. A select all on the contribution window would go a long way. Maybe allowing us to slot 10 or 20 doffs for breaking down in a big exchange officer assignment? IDK, stuff like that. Same deal, same end result, same FC, just quicker and less of a chore.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 8
01-20-2014, 04:28 AM
I dunno man, I make a killing off of closing projects with the doffs my 10 characters generate every few days O_o

Hell even just one char will net around 5000 fleet credits or so every single cycle from those academy missions.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Empire Veteran
# 9
01-20-2014, 04:43 AM
i would be happy if they simply added a 'select all' button to the doff-donation ui. i dont think people avoid doff-donations because they value the doffs, i think its because the donations are so painful and tedious.
free jkname
HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Captain
# 10
01-20-2014, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbubbaloo View Post
i would be happy if they simply added a 'select all' button to the doff-donation ui. i dont think people avoid doff-donations because they value the doffs, i think its because the donations are so painful and tedious.

Yes this... I have over 30 mil Fleet credits and have no problem affording the Doffs from my Starbases Vendor. Its having to spend an hour of my gaming time buying them all. then opening all the boxes they come in, then having to click them one at a time to assign them to the project. This is a big hassel, something that the Devs could fix in one hour if they were inclined to do it.

As far as Dil goes I cannot believe it has a 1:1 raito. This is the main reason why Dil projects remain un-filled. Not only is it and Zen the most valuable currency in the game. It has a limit of 8000 a day. This should be at the minimum 5:1 reward.