Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
How did you come to the conclusion that it took 96 hours to reach level cap? The admiral's I've spoken to, told me it took them about 45-50 hours. There is nowhere near 96 hours worth of content unless you take you sweet, precious time.
You mean players should not try to enjoy the content missions? They should just camp fleet actions and PvP?

No thanks, I will be playing the game and reading the missions. Taking my time to enjoy the ride. Anyone that is T4 or T5 is done with nothing to do. What is the point of that?

Op, the question is how do you want to play. What others can do has nothing to do with your play experience. If what others do effects you this way. You may need to tall to someone.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Heh, this thing happens on a lot of MMo's and their expansions. Just take WoW & it's expansions for example. How fast did ppl get from lvl 70 to lvl 80 when the expansion hit - something like 3-4 days iirc (or something crazy rediculious like that).

Thing is, ppl play in open beta's, learn where the best xp/time ratio's are (missions, pvp, fleet actions, etc) in that time.. and then when game goes live - *bang* they level up super fast.

Exactly what happened with WotLK expansion for WoW - It had a beta/testing phase that heaps of people got on, ppl found the best leveling paths for quest's, grinding, etc. Then when the game went live? Those ppl were racing each other through those paths to be the 1st to lvl 80..

No real surprise that you have the exact same thing happening here in STO *shrugs* It doesn't make the game terribad or anything because people who know the best xp/ratio path is.. Blizz said they tried to make WotLK take longer to levelt hrough.. boy were they surprised when ppl were lvl 80 and clammering for end-game content a few days out of release
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamatsu View Post
Heh, this thing happens on a lot of MMo's and their expansions. Just take WoW & it's expansions for example. How fast did ppl get from lvl 70 to lvl 80 when the expansion hit - something like 3-4 days iirc (or something crazy rediculious like that).

Thing is, ppl play in open beta's, learn where the best xp/time ratio's are (missions, pvp, fleet actions, etc) in that time.. and then when game goes live - *bang* they level up super fast.

Exactly what happened with WotLK expansion for WoW - It had a beta/testing phase that heaps of people got on, ppl found the best leveling paths for quest's, grinding, etc. Then when the game went live? Those ppl were racing each other through those paths to be the 1st to lvl 80..

No real surprise that you have the exact same thing happening here in STO *shrugs* It doesn't make the game terribad or anything because people who know the best xp/ratio path is.. Blizz said they tried to make WotLK take longer to levelt hrough.. boy were they surprised when ppl were lvl 80 and clammering for end-game content a few days out of release
Wort part is a fraction will abuse the system, get max rank, and the rest of us will probably suffer with lowered xp rates with an incoming "explot" fix.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylan
You mean players should not try to enjoy the content missions? They should just camp fleet actions and PvP?
To be honest, it doesn't take that much longer if you do the missions.

The later levels really should take longer than they do, require more skill points. But the content isn't there to support that, outside of doing repeatable missions.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
Wort part is a fraction will abuse the system, get max rank, and the rest of us will probably suffer with lowered xp rates with an incoming "explot" fix.
Problem is exploit fixes do nothing to stop them from getting that high. They'll just get there in a few hours more while the "Exploit fixes" will tax casuals with a few more weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
The irony of this is that it took 96(ish) hours to complete, yet most Single player games that everyone has been talking about (how they don't have any bugs, how they look better, etc.) are from 12 to 30 hours of gameplay. (No, just because the box says over 60 hours doesn't mean that it actually HAS over 60 hours.)

I hope this puts things into a better perspective. Single player games have less bugs because the devs have more time to work on them instead of making content.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
So what? Just play the game. You like it or you don't. It's not like you get a pot of gold at level cap. It is a game enjoy the ride. This is not a leveling is in the way type of game. There are plenty of those out there if you want that.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Some people will always try and rush to the end. I don't remember how it was when WoW was first released, but when TBC came out someone made it from 60 to 70 in 2 days....when WotLK came out someone went from 70 to 80 in 3 days. Most recently I heard that someone took a toon *without* twinking from 1 to 80 in just under 5 days in WoW.

So people have proven they can level fast, do ti with little rest, and don't have any real world responsibilities getting in the way.

There's an expression that goes "Sometimes a rainbow is better than a pot of gold." Play however you want to play, but I intend to enjoy the ride. I want to experience the Trek universe....not just rush to a level cap in the fastest way possible.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
How did you come to the conclusion that it took 96 hours to reach level cap? The admiral's I've spoken to, told me it took them about 45-50 hours. There is nowhere near 96 hours worth of content unless you take you sweet, precious time.
Uhh... there is probably more than 96 hours of content.

First of all, most admirals only did DSE's.

Second, DSE's don't account for even 10% of the game content.

So... yeah, getting to max level does not equate to amount of content in game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I'd imagine that OP didn't play in OB.....leveling was insanely fast....I assume only to test for bugs easier. I say to you be GLAD the xp rate has been decreased. Be GLAD that you are even playing STO at all. And as a few have said, it ALL DEPENDS ON HOW YOU PLAY! Do you rush thru or do you take your time, read the missions, kill every single thing in your way. Or do you sit and spawn the hell out of enemy contacts and fleet actions? Just stop complaining about it.....I agree it's silly they are there, but they've played to be there. So really, what business is it of yours? In regards to content....this game just launched. They haven't had time, or haven't released all the things they can release. Not to mention a lot of people played in headstart. So I say to you shut it and play. If not, go find something else to play.