Lt. Commander
# 1 STO/ST references at work.
02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
What if any ST reference/commands has anyone made in the work place when you have found it appropriate and what was the reaction you got?

i made on once got a bad reaction from co-workers and decided that im not going to again
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Used to work in mining, driving this, one night, my supervisor asked me to see if the truck could make it out to a certain dump which could only be accesed by a very steep ramp (over 12%), even though i was grossly overloaded (usual tonnage for the custom setup we used was 350t, i was at 425t) anywho truck went about 10 eedt up the ramp and faulted out (Diesel electric drive system). My supervisor asked me how the truck was doin with the ramp. It being about 4 in the morning, and due to the fact that i had been listening to startrek audiobooks all night long (Specifically one where scotty, after being rescued by enterprise, teams up with Admiral Mcoy and steals a museum representation of the ToS enterprise [which still has a stolen cloaking device inside] and uses an updated version of the automation program he used in ST:3 to cross the neutral zone cloaked to rescue spock from romulus) i decided to respond with the classic scotty line "Im givin it all shes got captain, theres just not enough power!" complete with a faux-scottish accent. Response? Dead silence.

Conclusions? Dont quote ST at work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValinAntilles View Post
Used to work in mining, driving this, one night, my supervisor asked me to see if the truck could make it out to a certain dump which could only be accesed by a very steep ramp (over 12%), even though i was grossly overloaded (usual tonnage for the custom setup we used was 350t, i was at 425t) anywho truck went about 10 eedt up the ramp and faulted out (Diesel electric drive system). My supervisor asked me how the truck was doin with the ramp. It being about 4 in the morning, and due to the fact that i had been listening to startrek audiobooks all night long (Specifically one where scotty, after being rescued by enterprise, teams up with Admiral Mcoy and steals a museum representation of the ToS enterprise [which still has a stolen cloaking device inside] and uses an updated version of the automation program he used in ST:3 to cross the neutral zone cloaked to rescue spock from romulus) i decided to respond with the classic scotty line "Im givin it all shes got captain, theres just not enough power!" complete with a faux-scottish accent. Response? Dead silence.

Conclusions? Dont quote ST at work.
I am lucky that most of my jobs have been in nerd environments when a well placed Star Trek Line is used I usually get XP from my co-workers...

sad really when you think about it, make a ST ref and get a D&D ref back.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm trying to teach my one-year-old students the Vulcan salute. They don't really get it.