Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 crash after crash
02-02-2010, 03:38 PM
hi, i keep getting crashes in game. impossible to play as every time it crashes it checks all the files *cry*

im using a ATI HD 4890

my machine is brand new. STO is the first thing i used it for.

any tips/help?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-02-2010, 04:03 PM
i have just crashed again 4th time.

and have no idea whats casuing it.

i set my max fps to 60 turned off AA. also clocked my GPU fan speed up.

comon people someone must have a clue. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Need more info like what error are you getting when you crash?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areanna View Post
Need more info like what error are you getting when you crash?
thats the problem there is no error.

it just crashes to desktop, and pops that little cryptic box up asking "what happend when it crashed"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Turn off dynamic lighting, and on ground missions, disable post processing. This is a common issue with the current game engine that is still present in Champions online as well. It definitely needs to be fixed asap.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
and just now a BLUESCREEN OF DEATH!!!

WHAT GIVES?

my rig is less than 4 hours old. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownXV View Post
Turn off dynamic lighting, and on ground missions, disable post processing. This is a common issue with the current game engine that is still present in Champions online as well. It definitely needs to be fixed asap.
is post-processing in the options menu as well?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes they both are. I used to get the BSOD as well when I had those turned on, dynamic lighting is the biggest culprit, crashing me all the time, but post processing can cause some crashes on ground missions too.

With both off, I haven't crashed in a couple dozen hours of gameplay.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownXV View Post
Yes they both are. I used to get the BSOD as well when I had those turned on, dynamic lighting is the biggest culprit, crashing me all the time, but post processing can cause some crashes on ground missions too.

With both off, I haven't crashed in a couple dozen hours of gameplay.
wow thanks, i have turned off P-P, but dynamic lighting was allready off!...dosnt look good for me lol.

thanks mate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Also I use this to see exactly what is going on its a great program it was recommended on the MS site, works quite well.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.