Lt. Commander
# 51
02-08-2010, 02:19 PM
yep, today it seemed to work perfectly fine and ALOT cooler, my rear and side fans were blowing cold, yes COLD... before they were warm/hot now thanks to all the help i can inform more people i will make a thread. along with thanks to the people who helped
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-01-2011, 03:16 AM
After havin continiously crahses with the launcher I deactivated all apps that uses special ports or network connectivities like: Teamviewer and skype and my laucher stopped crashing.
Also update your video driver.
Ensign
# 53
01-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Interesting reading this thread, I have AMD/Nvidia setup and keep getting grafix crashes. In my case I could get the game going again by alt-tabbing through my screens back to STO, if this did'nt work ctrl-alt-delete, wait for game audio to stop then click cancel but when all that starts I know a major game freeze/CTD is coming soon.
I must have sent a dozen error dumps ( at almost 2Gb !! each ) and have filed a ticket..no response yet tho....

we live in hope..heheheh

Night....
Commander
# 54
01-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acevorlon View Post
Interesting reading this thread, I have AMD/Nvidia setup and keep getting grafix crashes. In my case I could get the game going again by alt-tabbing through my screens back to STO, if this did'nt work ctrl-alt-delete, wait for game audio to stop then click cancel but when all that starts I know a major game freeze/CTD is coming soon.
I must have sent a dozen error dumps ( at almost 2Gb !! each ) and have filed a ticket..no response yet tho....

we live in hope..heheheh

Night....
If your whole system freezes or crashes the likelyhood is very high for the problem to lie with the PC itself - and Cryptic cannot fix peoples PCs.

The most common sources of such problems are (very generally an in no particular order):
Faulty RAM
Faulty GFX RAM
Mainboard compatibility issues
Bad BIOS settings
Driver version/conflict

Beyond this things become more difficult, as most individual hardware defects can cause near-unpredictable system instability.

Last edited by lolimpicard; 01-10-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Lieutenant
It keeps crashing every 5 minutes after logging in. Tried to uninstall/reinstall through Steam three time and different settings. Last tired to download the installer off perfectworld to see if that makes a difference. Still crash and getting fed up about all the crashes. I have tired different graphic cards, tested my RAM which all passed. Install on my D: drive. Tried even uninstalling and reinstalling my operating system as well, no luck .

System Spec
Core I7 3770K 3.50GHz
Corsair Vengeance LP 16.0GB, PC3-12800, 1600 MHz, XMP
Gigabyte G1.Sniper3 mobo
Gigabyte HD7950 3.0GB GDDR5
256GB SDD
Two 2.0TB HDD

Any suggestion would help.