Career Officer
# 11
01-24-2014, 06:23 AM
Although I'm indifferent about rewards (fleet marks, dilthium), a PvP reputation ship can and should be more than that.

It should provide the baseline in equipment (IE, the stuff all ships and all future items and modules are balanced around) and it should say to those currently daunted by not having the best MK XII gear that all you need to do to get PvP gear is PvP often.

It should also appeal to those sick of the current rep system and with multiple characters, i'd certainly level more if I could skip the repetitive PvE grind and just jump into what I'm interested in.

What's WAY WORSE THAN REWARDS HOWEVER, are the territorial, fleet vs fleet or faction vs faction systems that many have tried and failed to implement - they just don't work. Eve Online is the exception that proves the rule, with such system eventually leading to rich getting richer, big gets bigger inequality that stagnates the game dynamics. Beyond a ranking system that provides no intrinsic value of it's own, any Fleet or faction PvP should provide no additional rewards.
12th Fleet Are recruiting Active PvP'ers.
We have Full T5 starbase, Teamspeak and over 200 active members.

Go to Recruitment room and beam up! You'll be glad you did.
Commander
# 12
01-24-2014, 06:33 AM
Same old, same old !
Its at the point where I need to see it to believe it !
Captain
# 13
01-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l30p4rd View Post
Same old, same old !
Its at the point where I need to see it to believe it !
Every 6 months or so the ire of PvPers gets hig and the post get snippy and then out of the blue devs post something like this and the ire dies down until the next time. Rinse and repeat for the last 2+ years. The last time they did a PvP revamp they took one of the best PvP maps it was the resource battle that was a large map that had actual objectives instead of cap and explode. They took it away because the only people that would venture in was PvPers because it allowed for dynamic combat not a 5 v5 arena or a 5 v2 Cap and hold.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up