Lt. Commander
I am in the briar patch mission and the Klingon turrets are killing me after about 5 hits.

My newbie ship didn't have this problem.

I've moved all of my cool upgrades over to my new ship.

What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
the TOS constitution is meant to be a tier one ship, like the miranda.

the briar's patch mission is a Lt Cmdr mission, and you're better served by having a tier two ship.

there's also the fact that the gas in there will blow you to hell and back if it gets hit and you're near it!

my advice would be one of simple tactics, think more than one dimensionally. dont go down the middle of the patch with all the gas in it, go at it from the sides, from above.. takes a little longer but you blow up a lot less!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Why i went for borg brige officer, hopefully it will last longer
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Good news is gas explosions have a blast of about 5km. I accudentlt set one off from a distance, but it did do serious damage to the nearby warbird coming out of that donut.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
the TOS constitution is meant to be a tier one ship, like the miranda.

the briar's patch mission is a Lt Cmdr mission, and you're better served by having a tier two ship.

there's also the fact that the gas in there will blow you to hell and back if it gets hit and you're near it!

my advice would be one of simple tactics, think more than one dimensionally. dont go down the middle of the patch with all the gas in it, go at it from the sides, from above.. takes a little longer but you blow up a lot less!
I did the briar patch as Lt. in both OB and during headstart.

You get that mission pretty early, and it's totally doable. I thought it was a T1 mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 04:03 PM
i was able to survive quite nicely, and i'm a Lt6, in the briar patch with my Constitution. it all depends on how you handle her, and what weapons/defences you have. also, never go 1on1 with a Negh'Var
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
yeah its do-able earlier, but i never touch it till i get into T2 XD its a pain in the rear..

but then i did city on the edge of never at Lt Cmdr 1 and struggled through it till i realised it was actually a Lt Cmdr 4 mission
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. GeekFist
I am in the briar patch mission and the Klingon turrets are killing me after about 5 hits.

My newbie ship didn't have this problem.

I've moved all of my cool upgrades over to my new ship.

What gives?
Well, it is called the "briar-patch" for a reason? If you're getting hit by turrets in BP, and they're kicking your ass, then it's because they're also coincidentally ignighting the gasses around your ship. The best thing to do is "kite" them from about 10K out. You also don't have to fly through the Asteroid belt. Think 3-dimensionally, or fire your helmsman. Fly around the patch and only get within 10K to the turrets. That usually works fine. I did it in a tier one with zero problems.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 9 An Idea: Ship Refits
02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
So, Cryptic, we now have our nostalgia ship. Why not let us bring it in for refits of needed weapons, consoles, armoring etc. This way we could take the ship all the way to Admiral, if we so desire, without loosing the much needed functionality of the high tier ships. Please ....
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Has no one else figured out this mission yet? You dont fly THROUGH the asteroid field, you fly ABOVE it, away from where the gas spawns. You only go down when you see a turret, and then you only go within 10km so you can attack it. That way your never close enough to the gas for it to hurt you if your attacked.