# 11
02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
far as i know she is upgradable
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Has no one else figured out this mission yet? You dont fly THROUGH the asteroid field, you fly ABOVE it, away from where the gas spawns. You only go down when you see a turret, and then you only go within 10km so you can attack it. That way your never close enough to the gas for it to hurt you if your attacked.
exactly the way i do it

i've not posted it before in case the devs get nasty and throw those gas pockets all over the map XD
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Has no one else figured out this mission yet? You dont fly THROUGH the asteroid field, you fly ABOVE it, away from where the gas spawns. You only go down when you see a turret, and then you only go within 10km so you can attack it. That way your never close enough to the gas for it to hurt you if your attacked.
Yeah I said the same thing Nagus, these kids have a hard time with 3-dimensional thinking I guess.

-avery
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi

but then i did city on the edge of never at Lt Cmdr 1 and struggled through it till i realised it was actually a Lt Cmdr 4 mission
I just did that one at Lt. Cmdr 2, and the last space battle was really very tough, but it was such a great mission that I can't complain at all.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingpuma View Post
So, Cryptic, we now have our nostalgia ship. Why not let us bring it in for refits of needed weapons, consoles, armoring etc. This way we could take the ship all the way to Admiral, if we so desire, without loosing the much needed functionality of the high tier ships. Please ....
Well, the T2 cruiser is a Constitution refit, from ST:TMP...
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkAthena View Post
Good news is gas explosions have a blast of about 5km. I accudentlt set one off from a distance, but it did do serious damage to the nearby warbird coming out of that donut.
The trick there is to be patient. Stay out of sensor range and get in position so that the cloud is between you and the Warbird. Wait until the Warbird is within range of the cloud and then blast it. It should take him out in one hit if you time it just right.

Easy money.

And how are you accidentally setting off one of those gas clouds? It takes me a barrage or two just to work them down. They are tougher than some of the enemy ships. Or did they fix that bug since I last did that mission?

Edit: Minor punctuation adjustment.

Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Dont fly in the clouds....

Fly along side it....

Target the Turrets blow them up....

then head to the base and blow stuff up.

simple as that.... if you are flying in the clounds your doing it wrong...

Then again I recall the mission hide and seek...

Why do I need to be in there the clouds when I can just easly tank those bird of pray?

WHY??? OH WHY?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 04:44 PM
In fairness to the OP, he did say it was easier on the default starter ship.

Although I will have to ask what was the loadout of the default ship and what did he load out the TOS Connie with. Equipment does kinda make a bit of a difference...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I did that Briar Patch mission yesterday in my T2 ship and it was just too easy, personally I think it got nerfed way too much because players didn't think to go round the gas and just ploughed right through the middle. It took me one death in OB in my T1 ship to figure that out, not boasting or anything like that but it just made sense to go round that go through. All the turrets are in range while you remain outside the blast radius of the gas.

I did die again at the station when the gas I took out repopped about 20 meters away from my ship, right in my own line of fire and I blew myself up :p bit of a "Doh!" moment.

If you're finding a mission a bit too difficult then you have the option to leave the system. That mission will just sit there waiting in your active missions list while you go get a few extra bits of kit or level up a smidge, then you can go back to it, restarting from the beginning of the stage of the mission you left at. I had to do that in OB on a mission where some Klingons had boarded a ship. A Swordmaster was waiting with a large posse right at the start of the stage and ripped me a new one in seconds. I knew it wasn't going to work but I restarted that stge a number of times because it was kinda funny to watch me and my team get butchered instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder78
In fairness to the OP, he did say it was easier on the default starter ship.
Yeah that's true, he did. But can't you just raid your old ship for parts for your pre-order Connie like we can on newly aquired ships from the shipyard?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I think that there are some aspects of STO for which Cryptic deserves some criticism, but why is it that as soon as someone doesn't understand something they scream in the forum that the game is broken?

"I just attacked 40 borg vessles and got my arse handed to me, cryptic are ****"
-some loser in the forums