Lt. Commander
I got my pre-order game in the mail today. I installed the DVD. It would not install Star Trek Online.exe, or the Uninstaller. I have no way of playing the game even though I've installed the massive CD. I tried the Star Trek Online downloader that coderanger mentioned, but it's been stuck at 0% for hours. I don't want to have to download the entire game after I just installed it.

I submitted a ticket for Tech Support since noone on the forums could help me. I really want to play Star Trek Online, but without the ticket system, and without anyone on the forums to help me... I have no idea what to do. I'm at my wits end. All I can figure is I must be doing something obviously wrong.

Is there any way to get a hold of the Star Trek Online.exe file? Obviously my pre-order game doesn't have it installed with it...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Oh hey. Maybe I'm just an idiot. I didn't enter the product registration key on the website.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
I got my pre-order game in the mail today. I installed the DVD. It would not install Star Trek Online.exe, or the Uninstaller. I have no way of playing the game even though I've installed the massive CD. I tried the Star Trek Online downloader that coderanger mentioned, but it's been stuck at 0% for hours. I don't want to have to download the entire game after I just installed it.

I submitted a ticket for Tech Support since noone on the forums could help me. I really want to play Star Trek Online, but without the ticket system, and without anyone on the forums to help me... I have no idea what to do. I'm at my wits end. All I can figure is I must be doing something obviously wrong.

Is there any way to get a hold of the Star Trek Online.exe file? Obviously my pre-order game doesn't have it installed with it...
What do you mean by "It wouldn't install"?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I get THIS error message. Screencapped for your convenience. I click Abort, cancellation stops. I click Retry, and nothing happens (it just comes up again). I click Ignore... everything installs as usual. But without the Star Trek Online.exe file, the client won't launch. Basically I have a great big house full of Star Trek Online, but the door won't open to let me in.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3282/erroriyv.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Btw, thank you so much coderanger for giving this some attention. I like to think I'm not completely inept at these things, and I appreciate your patience for giving all of us trying out the game some of your time. I understand MMO launches are never smooth at first, I'm just completely helpless at the moment.

Edited for english correction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Btw, thank you so much coderanger for giving this some attention. I like to think I'm not completely inept at these things, and I appreciate your patience for giving all of us trying out the game some of your time. I understand MMO launches are never smooth at first, I'm just completely helpless at the moment.

Edited for english correction.
Check your task manager. There is probably a copy or Star Trek Online.exe running in the background.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Check your task manager. There is probably a copy or Star Trek Online.exe running in the background.
Checked my task manager. There are no multiple copies of SETUP.EXE or Star Trek Online.exe running in the background.

I also get THIS error message after the DVD is finished installing (after I ignore the Star Trek Online.exe file). I'm starting to think maybe there's something to do with Internet Explorer? I use Firefox...

Screencapped for your convenience.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5...sexplorerg.jpg

Edited for less idiocy on my part.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 04:44 PM
There is also a shortcut icon on my desktop after installation. It's simply a blank .exe icon and clicking on it brings up that Windows cannot find the file, and if I want to his Browse or Cancel. I'd hit Browse, but I have no idea where I could find that file (since presumably it wasn't written from the DVD to my hard drive).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Does $PROG FILES\Cryptic Studios exist? The error is saying it can't copy the file onto the disk.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Does $PROG FILES\Cryptic Studios exist? The error is saying it can't copy the file onto the disk.
Yeah, it exists. And it has 7.69 GB worth of files inside the folder.