Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 1 Season 8 Dev Blog #39
01-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Systems Designer Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton shares details about the upcoming Small Craft Arena PvP mode in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.


Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,447
# 2
01-22-2014, 12:03 PM
can't we have a new map for this? Like the one over the Romulan colony?
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 418
# 3
01-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
can't we have a new map for this? Like the one over the Romulan colony?
Just wanted to say that, a new map would be nice.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,899
# 4
01-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
can't we have a new map for this? Like the one over the Romulan colony?
If this map is successful, we might get that wish.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 617
# 5
01-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
can't we have a new map for this? Like the one over the Romulan colony?
Are you talking about the buggy map with invisible walls all over the place for you to get hung on that is currently in use for a PvE queued mission that is almost completely dead atm?

Personally I'd rather have the Idran System map from Operation Gamma, complete with Idran Swarmers, than that one.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,301
# 6
01-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Systems Designer Jeff "AdjudicatorHawk" Hamilton shares details about the upcoming Small Craft Arena PvP mode in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.


Link to the blog.
So, how is the problem of the point defence console going to be dealt with?

As things stand its an I-Win button in small craft pvp.

Will it get a nerf that only applies in pvp, or will it get a general nerf.......thus satisfying the PvP crowd and really annoying everyone else?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,714
# 7
01-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
So, how is the problem of the point defence console going to be dealt with?

As things stand its an I-Win button in small craft pvp.

Will it get a nerf that only applies in pvp, or will it get a general nerf.......thus satisfying the PvP crowd and really annoying everyone else?
What you're referring to has already been looked at; Point Defense now deals only standard damage against small craft if you're equipped with one on a small craft instead of 4x the damage.

It's on Tribble Patch Notes (the 15th)
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 8
01-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
So, how is the problem of the point defence console going to be dealt with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
What you're referring to has already been looked at; Point Defense now deals only standard damage against small craft if you're equipped with one on a small craft instead of 4x the damage.

It's on Tribble Patch Notes (the 15th)

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=984011

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6,080
# 9
01-22-2014, 12:29 PM
So totally in for this. Looks awesome, keep it up guys!
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,782
# 10
01-22-2014, 12:39 PM
I do hope that one guy who wrote this thing knows the most you can do with builds is 2 forward weapon slots and one or two universal ensign skills. The builds for this can't really surprise anyone with such limits imposed with no real customization lol.

Yeah same old map and same old crap not really interested.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.