Starfleet Veteran
# 41
01-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
Maybe not the exact same bridge, no. But let's face it, that bridge wouldn't even fit inside the Intrepid.

I'm not trying to be mean, I just would love to see the 'original' STO interiors updated a bit to actually have more of a starship feel to them instead of looking like massive voids with some chairs dotted around, I feel too far away from all of my officers, and none of my officers are tall enough to reach the LCARS panels across the back of the bridge.

I do like that you've kept him in the Voyager era uniform though, it's my favourite uniform and it suits his character.
They've said plenty of times that it has to do with the camera, which I think is bogus because there are plenty of examples where they have smaller spaces with half the interior height of the current bridges/ship interiors that work just fine.

I think it has more to do with the fact that some dev early in the game thought it was "iconic" to have all-out gunfights with entire boarding party teams duking it out on the bridge (which should never, ever happen for multiple reasons)

Raptr profile
Captain
# 42
01-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
even 30 years old, he wouldnt look that much different other then a few grey hairs. look at end game for example in that deleted timeline with the older janeway for ex.
Well, they used the same actor for those scenes, obvisouly.
Since this is a game, they can simulate the aging process on a different level.
Also, they worked with the original Tim Russ, who is what now? More then 12 years older?
Since Vulcans age differently, they could have worked with the real person.
Admiral Tuvok looks younger in 2408 then Tim Russ looks now.

The inaccurancies are not that bad in my opinion. Either way...
Captain
# 43
01-24-2014, 11:11 AM
The bridge screenshot looks like it is from Elite Force 1. Seriously, it looks blocky, untextured, and outdated in graphics.

Still, it's nice to feel some nostalgia for EF 1.

Last edited by kirksplat; 01-24-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Captain
# 44
01-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
The bridge screenshot looks like it from Elite Force 1. Seriously, it looks blocky, untextured, and outdated in graphics.

Still, it's nice to feel some nostalgia for EF 1.
EF 1 never had such out-of-scale environments.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shot...screenshot.jpg
Career Officer
# 45
01-24-2014, 11:13 AM
frankly the character created looks nothing like tuvok imo.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Captain
# 46
01-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
frankly the character created looks nothing like tuvok imo.
Don't exaggerate. Criticism is fine, bu to say that charater model looks "nothing" like Tuvok? That's just overdoing it by a few lightyears.
Career Officer
# 47
01-24-2014, 11:16 AM
hah! right... whatever you stated.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
01-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yep Guess you'll have to play the episode to find out more about that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Is this to imply you're acknowledging the rank thing?

I hope he doesn't try that bit Janeway did about "the ship with the greatest tactical advantage takes command." Because I've accumulated enough exotic weapons on the Vindicator to... Well, I don't know what I could do with them, but I'm pretty sure that Elachi subspace weapon I picked up violates a few treaties. And when Voyager picked up an sentient torpedo, they all freaked out about the twisted immorality of the thing. When I found one I fired it to see what it did.

I'm sure Voyager's gotten a few upgrades over the years, but many player captains are serious exotic superweapon packrats.
Empire Veteran
# 49
01-24-2014, 11:25 AM
the character rendering looks great imo. the bridge looks like its using the old all blue lcars, whatever bridge it is need that updated!

its part of STO canon that the uniform code was relaxed so any can be worn. i recall in some fleet holdings and other places thers npc standing around in first contact uniforms, so i dont really see the big deal with what he's wearing.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 50
01-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Dyson joint command is headed by a Romulan of Commander rank who gives us all orders, while we stand at attention.
Ok .... That bit bothers me as well ... but .... a lesser ranked officer can still be in charge of something (say a department) and give orders as that department head to a higher ranked officer ... In that case, it's the position talking and not the rank.

The key in those situations is to do so with a bit of respect and not from a superior attitude.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!