Lt. Commander
Guys, seriously.

Can you take some time to make sure the game does the following things before trying to sell stuff in the C-Store?

Not crash at least once every two days.

Have the skill system make some sort of logical sense or at least more documentation then there is right now.

Document the crafting system so we know how to advance to the next crafting tier without to craft a lot of usless junk we've outlevelled already.

Make the exchange more user friendly than it is now. Searching it, is a hassle. I'd call it work but work is less frustrating than using the Exchange.

You're entitled to make a buck and pay your bills, we get that. Right now there is a serious disconnect between your product quality and your marketing, in the long run you don't want to drive people away from the game because it's needlessly complicated and obtuse.

The game has some nice ideas and it's entertaining enough for me to shell out money for a subscription, but make no mistake the game needs more work. People like to dump on Champions for it's day one nerf, but that game was much more polished at launch than STO is now.

I get that you guys were on a deadline and I know how much trouble it is to change things after launch, but large chunks of the game are a giant muddled mess. Trying to sell us more stuff creates the impression you don't care about quality so long as you can make more money off of the playerbase.

If I was more cynical I'd believe the lack of gameplay documentation is an attempt at creating the cash-for-respec market. Either that or to minimize gold farming as much as possible by ensuring the only tradable currency is the least obtainable.

We don't ask for much at this point, just a little damage control.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
/signed

I already sent them an email telling them I don't plan on paying them to be a game tester and that its either free time or they're not going to see the back side of my visa card.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Nothing you stated there is unusual for a MMO launch. Actually this one is good compared to most.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorbrand View Post
Nothing you stated there is unusual for a MMO launch. Actually this one is good compared to most.
"Normal" would be: "Hey guys enjoy all this great content while we wrok out the launch bugs"

What we got was: "Hey were making all kinds of (paid) content and expansion, well deal with the bugs as they pop up"

Fix the basics. I'm taking a break today from the game after some seriously frustrating space gameplay in a fleet action and I'm not even itching to get back in.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenow View Post
/signed

I already sent them an email telling them I don't plan on paying them to be a game tester and that its either free time or they're not going to see the back side of my visa card.
You don't fully understand a MMO do you? Or a MMO launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 01:39 PM
....I remember my first mmo launch...hah...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
No one bought this game to "understand a MMO" they bought this game to PLAY-

and Cryptic has made Very little effort to correct the issues that have been discussed MULTIPLE TIMES over the last few months prior to launch.

I'm glad you understand MMO's better than I do.. so that you can keep lining the pockets of Shltty Companies.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaankme View Post
No one bought this game to "understand a MMO" they bought this game to PLAY-

and Cryptic has made Very little effort to correct the issues that have been discussed MULTIPLE TIMES over the last few months prior to launch.

I'm glad you understand MMO's better than I do.. so that you can keep lining the pockets of Shltty Companies.
You do understand that companies have different teams that work on different issues.....right??
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
translation: FANBOIIIIRAGEEeee!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 02:01 PM
there's crafting? what can you make? where do you learn it? is there more than one? i really should play more but i made a deal with myself that each time my ship warps off and then reappears before the game goes to the loading screen i must log off for an hour.