Lt. Commander
# 151
02-14-2010, 05:17 AM
My Apologies About the Double Post!

We've Broken the Record! For the most Star Trek Fans in Uniform/Costume at a gathering!
Further details incoming, can we perhaps get a cryptic guy to confirm?
Lt. Commander
# 152
02-14-2010, 05:35 AM
Gutted we couldn't make it in the end. Got stuck in traffic on the way and ended up turning back home. Would never have made it by 1. :-( At least I got to drive whilst wearing a Star Trek uniform though! Other drivers probably thought that was a bit odd and out of context!

Edit: Please do a repeat in the Summer Cryptic! On a weekend again but preferably not a common "holiday" day and with plenty of notice! Doing it in Lobdon is great because it's easy to get to for most people but maybe try to do it in a park or something with several accessable tube lines in case some are down. A yearly or biannually Cryptic event such as this would be great for the game's community!
Lt. Commander
# 153 A fun day out
02-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Just got back from it, my outfit didn't arrive in time but it was still fun to tag along, I took some photos and threw them online.

EDIT:
There were some links to my pics here but I messed them up and the guy that posted next corrected them so I've removed them from here so as to not confuse folks (Cheers screechprime!)
Lt. Commander
# 154
02-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Well! I've just returned and, might I say, quite a turn out! There were alot of people in Starfleet uniforms from the different eras, and a nice mix of alien races including Borg, orion, Vulcan, Andorian and (of course) Klingon!

Everyone had a good mingle and chat with everyone else there, lots of photots being taken, and an awful lot of shivering 'cos it was bloomin' cold!

Still, highlights for me were the two Orion slavegirls who came along, one of whom braved the freezing weather and breif hail shower in a traditional slavegirl outfit, the Jadzia and Warf couple in their Klingon wedding outfits, the *only* mirrorverse girl to show up, and the girl who came dressed at the shuttlecraft Gallileo!

Whe all had a good yell of "KHAAAAAAAN!!", and the Klingons had a good yell whenever a Tribble came near.

All in all, a good experience!

EDIT: Oh, and for those of you getting errors when trying to view Chunkx's photos, here's the links but a bit more stable 8P

Recieving the Guiness award

The 'fake picard'

Death to Tribbles!
Lt. Commander
# 155
02-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Yep! Was a lot of fun... We're currently replaying the event audio between during select music breaks...
I'm actually the one ON AIR right now...
www.subspace-radio.net

And SpaceCabbie's posted his pictures!
Check them Out!

http://members.quicknet.nl/spacecabbie/london/
Lt. Commander
# 156
02-14-2010, 09:00 AM
```````````
Lt. Commander
# 157
02-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Starfleet Orion girl reporting in.

Great times, despite the bitter cold!
Lt. Commander
# 158
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soomka View Post
Starfleet Orion girl reporting in.

Great times, despite the bitter cold!
Yours was one of the more memorable faces there Kudos to you for you imagination!

Enjoying your prize, we hope
Lt. Commander
# 159
02-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey it was a great day! Poor Vulcan turnout though!

Does anyone know where the photos from this event will be popping up? Links, names of publications etc. would be very useful.

\V/
Lt. Commander
# 160
02-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpanga
Hey it was a great day! Poor Vulcan turnout though!

Does anyone know where the photos from this event will be popping up? Links, names of publications etc. would be very useful.

\V/
If you look above, MundaneRaptor has put up a whole slew of Space Cabbie's pictures that he took (only about half are actually of the event), and Chunkx has 5 up on his site. Where the ones taken by the Guiness crew will turn up I have no idea