Lt. Commander
# 161
02-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by screechprime View Post
Yours was one of the more memorable faces there Kudos to you for you imagination!

Enjoying your prize, we hope
Thankyou! Getting up so early paid off in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpanga
Hey it was a great day! Poor Vulcan turnout though!

Does anyone know where the photos from this event will be popping up? Links, names of publications etc. would be very useful.

\V/
The best photos so far are up here. Keep checking Flickr etc too.
Lt. Commander
# 162
02-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Grats everyone.... Wish I was in London to see it....
Lt. Commander
# 163
02-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Great fun! I only came to take pictures (they're on flickr) but really had a blast. Next time I'm coming as my Liberated Borg self in Starfleet uniform... honest! ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 164
02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Was fun... I hope we do one in the states... I'd love to be able to go...
Lt. Commander
# 165
02-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Damn trains due to major problems on the trains I got delayed so by the time I got there no one was there
Lt. Commander
# 166
02-14-2010, 02:23 PM
A lot of people have the same story... Damn transit... Get it together London! we got a world record to break!
Yeah, that's the trouble with metropolitan areas, they're cool but tougher to get around in...
London is a beautiful backdrop though... I couldn't have thought of a better spot in Europe... DONT HIT ME! *cowers*
Lt. Commander
# 167
02-14-2010, 03:15 PM
ask the peeps that show up if they have any extra servers we can have
Lt. Commander
# 168
02-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furlough
ask the peeps that show up if they have any extra servers we can have
So much venom is one tiny post. I love it!
Lt. Commander
# 169
02-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Was a bit upset at lack of organsiation. Arrive at 1pm on the dot. Stood round other people dressed in star trek unifiorms. 2 minutes later told to walk up on to bridge.

Problems:
Draw for prize taken as soon as got off bridge, however it seems names for draw was taken before event (i.e. pre 1pm), so we missed out of chance of winning any prizes. Which is one reason attended. If say 1pm that is when things should start not do photo's and name taking before.

Starting record attempt at 1:02pm did mean a few people who arrived 5 minutes late (and I knew of a least 2) did not take part.

Everyone will recieve at least something comment was not true, after the prize draw they said did everyone get a t-shirt, at which point they started handing out t-shirts to any one. And know of at least one person being told "sorry we've run out", with no more gifts, so recieved nothing.

Everything was over by 1:30pm...

Only touched part of bridge, would have been nice to at least march over the bridge...

Pros:

It was fun.
Nice to be part of a world record attempt.

It does seem a big shame that people who tried to attend did not manage to take part and the promised prize draw was only open for those who got to event early.

So after 4 hrs journey to London had a good time but disappointed at lack of organisation.
Lt. Commander
# 170
02-15-2010, 01:45 AM
I had a really good time and really proud to be taking part in a Guinness World Record attempt.

Unfortunately I have to agree with the points made by deepcarsteven

When walking back to the tube, one lady gave me the strangest of looks as if to say you shouldn’t be wearing your star trek uniform. Everyone else I came across as not bothered or by talking to people thought it was really cool