Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuomi View Post
Ok, so where the heck can I buy some real Star Trek gear, cus I'm game :p

Plz link me a shop in the UK
Have you checked EBay? Or here's a few I've heard of. Also just check local costume shops maybe.

http://www.warp-one.co.uk
http://www.themovieshop.com
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 08:23 PM
when they said Guiness and London i thought they meant something else...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance80
when they said Guiness and London i thought they meant something else...
So did I...I'd rather have THAT Guinness right now....
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I have not read all the posts, so if someone's already made the joke, I appologize but ,,,

I hope the bridge fares better than the servers have been of late. Otherwise, kids will be signing:

"London Bridge is crashing down, crashing down, crashing down.
London Bridge is crashing down,
Like STO's server."

Cheers!
Late_Night_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 09:55 PM
So let me get this straight, you telling people to advertise your game and not give them anything for it?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Near London? Like cosplay? We're working with the folks at Guinness to try to break a world record. Read on to learn more.

Link to the news article.
So, how long do you think it'll be before the EU players complain about the time zone on this one?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Valentine's day? um Seriously? Has anyone actually thought this through or did some random employee just think it would be a fun idea to post on the website...

I am not a star trek fan generally but as well as growing up watching the occasional voyager and older reruns on tv I figured it could be fun to show off a bit come up with something badass (and a bit sexy to fight the stereotypes of plain and ugly morbidly obese science fiction fans :p) and meet a large amount of people playing he same game as I've never really done such a thing for an online game.

Sad you perhaps seem to have decided to use the nearest national holiday without even considering your players or perhaps maybe it's a sign that you regard us as dehumanised cash cows that have no life outside... It's really not a nice thing really to say about your players by holding it on that day and having it on the website's front page, and that kind of "we are all hardcore geeks with no life" thing discourages less perserverant (I realise I am not average) social players from joining the game. You should be trying to be more inclusive to get more people into gaming as more and more people are playing games and you would reasonably want those new people to be trying out your one!
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Strange they pick Valentines day for this as if trekies everywhere wont have any other commitments that day.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 10:09 PM
that will be awsome, I hope we get to see some pics on the site
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloryfox View Post
So let me get this straight, you telling people to advertise your game and not give them anything for it?
Such is the fad of 'viral' marketing. Viral == free.