Lt. Commander
# 81
02-04-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Near London? Like cosplay? We're working with the folks at Guinness to try to break a world record. Read on to learn more.

Link to the news article.
You guys need to give the U.S. a go. Somewhere in the middle of the country. London? You realize how small that STO population/turnout will be by restricting it to just the UK (and maybe a few brave travelers). I'd say try the U.S. too and I bet you blow the record out of the water with little effort.
Lt. Commander
# 82 damn
02-04-2010, 03:46 AM
i wish this wasnt on valentines day , would of been a laugh
Lt. Commander
# 83 Bad choice of dates!!
02-04-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheria View Post
LOL strange forum censoring! Yeah it's double annoying, Chinese & married, so double the busy day! Honestly though 2 weeks & on Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year. Not so good!
Same here, I'm married to a Chinese girl (who would castrate me if I missed Valentines) so we've got plenty on that weekend.

Also, if Valentine's weekend isn't bad enough, the Starfleet Ball convention in Bournemouth is held that weekend too so Trekkies in the UK are going to be spread pretty thin as it is.

Good luck though and I guess.......thanks for attempting something like this in the UK, things like this are usually reserved for the Americans!!!

Simon Hodgkinson
MANCHESTER STARFLEET

www.manchesterstarfleet.co.uk
UK STAR TREK FAN CLUB
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-04-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Near London? Like cosplay? We're working with the folks at Guinness to try to break a world record. Read on to learn more.

Link to the news article.
I wish I lived in London!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-04-2010, 06:19 AM
I'll probably be there. The flip side is that if the turnout is poor at least there's more chance of me winning a prize...
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-04-2010, 07:13 AM
I hope the bridge can take it or we would have a world record for the most trekkie fans killed in one place
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauwyn_Vorec
You guys need to give the U.S. a go. Somewhere in the middle of the country. London? You realize how small that STO population/turnout will be by restricting it to just the UK (and maybe a few brave travelers). I'd say try the U.S. too and I bet you blow the record out of the water with little effort.
i think you will find this is a euro promotion cus we dont have that many fans as the US does
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Brilliant

So many people dragging partners to london to have a romantic weekend... so many surprises and break ups as one of them gets changed and heads to the bridge
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-04-2010, 08:36 AM
I live in Essex which is just outside of London.

If only i knew where to get my hands on a star trek uniform. AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 90
02-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Do it in San Fransisco. Or Los Angelos. Or New York City.
Heck, make it a World Wide Event!