Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Team Difficulty
02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
The scaling in teaming is terrible Cryptic. I want to team up with my fleet member who is 14 levels below me but we can't complete *anything* because all the baddies are scaled to me. Playing out missions when every single bad guy is level-scaled to the highest level player *does not* play out in a scaled manner and you're making the game unplayable for people who aren't near-identical in level.

My fleet member shouldn't be penalized and made to rip his hair out because I want to come along and play the low level missions with him again!

I don't want the missions to be a breeze but I do want them to play out how they would if we were the same level. Scale the higher level players down, not all the baddies up. I don't mind my level 2 turrets and medical generators being scaled down or even being made unusable, or having my health and damage scaled down to the lowest level player but don't penalize players for wanting to enjoy a game together just because they aren't the same level.

I am the one who is levels above, make the scaling apply to *me* not everything else, that is a scapegoating tactic that simply isn't working.

A better mechanic needs to be made here Cryptic, the current one is forcing any players not of the same level to have to distance themselves. I play with my family and I want to enjoy the time I play with them, I shouldn't be forced into having to not play, roll a new character or keep dying time and time again just to do a quest with them just because I play more often and leveled up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-02-2010, 05:07 PM
That will only happen if you are running YOUR missions or exploration missions.

If you run HIS missions the mobs will all be scaled to him.

This doesn't mean they won't be able to hurt you, they'll just not have all the special abilities the high level mobs do, which is the primary difference, I have noted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdasmodeous View Post
That will only happen if you are running YOUR missions or exploration missions.

If you run HIS missions the mobs will all be scaled to him.

This doesn't mean they won't be able to hurt you, they'll just not have all the special abilities the high level mobs do, which is the primary difference, I have noted.

Wrong, we were running *his* missions. The scaling is the same regardless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKain666 View Post
Wrong, we were running *his* missions. The scaling is the same regardless.
What mission was it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-02-2010, 06:12 PM
ok, couple questions.

I know you said you was running his missions, but was he sharing them with you at the start? If so and you enter first it will get scaled to you as its now your mission as well. I found the easist way is just to team up and follow them in to the mission, you will get the mission auto passed to you anyways and it avoids the scaling defaulting to you since you have the active mission on entry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2010, 02:36 AM
One problem with scaling them at the average level.. If someone teams up with a much higher friend (IE: Lt and Cmdr) the missions difficulty would be pathetic for the Cmdr..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKain666 View Post
Wrong, we were running *his* missions. The scaling is the same regardless.
Either you're full of it, or there were more people in your team than in the mishes you did, or you were using the sidekicking system (or has that been removed?)

Because yesterday, I and two other near-commanders were helping out an Ensign bud, and we were literally EATING our way through the enemy.

Hell, the 4-player fleets we encountered, each of us high-levellers could SOLO!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jes-
Either you're full of it, or there were more people in your team than in the mishes you did, or you were using the sidekicking system (or has that been removed?)

Because yesterday, I and two other near-commanders were helping out an Ensign bud, and we were literally EATING our way through the enemy.

Hell, the 4-player fleets we encountered, each of us high-levellers could SOLO!
Thanks to the first person who replied to me I found that you can ensure baddies are leveled to the low level player as long as the higher level player drops the quest entirely, ensures the low level player enters instances first and ignores quest prompts that may add secondary objectives - and then dropping those secondary objectives as well if they get automatically added.

So no, I'm not full of it - the ways around the system simply weren't apparent to me at the time.

However! All these are simply ways *around* the system. The system is still broken and a better needs to be found so that we as players do not need to keep finding ways around it. I am glad you all helped me find these ways around it but I'd rather have a system that works on its own without having to find side-stepping ways to get away with it.

So, if you agree, please help me get this message to Cryptic - the team leveling mechanic needs to be fixed so that we can enjoy missions with our friends *without* stepping through hoops to get there.

Thanks again everyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
One problem with scaling them at the average level.. If someone teams up with a much higher friend (IE: Lt and Cmdr) the missions difficulty would be pathetic for the Cmdr..
No need to scale the baddies to the average level. The best mechanic involves one that doesn't scale the baddies at all. Scale the high level *player(s)* to be on par with the rest of the group.

The players are, after all, the ones who would otherwise make the quest easy, gimp *us* not the entire team by pumping up all the baddies.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 AM.