Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Its broken, I was able to train in beta.... Now I can.t
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Wrote a ticket about that - my description of the bug was quite bad however, thats why this ticket was closed with the "ask gameplay questions to you fellow players or in the forums..." - statement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Train Doctor to 9 to get Science Team III, not Scientist. This is because it was originally Medical Team III and healed your crew, when they changed it the tooltips were changed but the skill reliance was not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Train Doctor to 9 to get Science Team III, not Scientist. This is because it was originally Medical Team III and healed your crew, when they changed it the tooltips were changed but the skill reliance was not.
Ah ok >< frack me... So much for those skill points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-04-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Train Doctor to 9 to get Science Team III, not Scientist. This is because it was originally Medical Team III and healed your crew, when they changed it the tooltips were changed but the skill reliance was not.
Luckily my character is a ground-healer so I can try this without any risk. If this is true - then a lot of people just wasted 900 skill points. :x Let's hope they fix these things soon lest more people fall victim to this. >_<
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Yup, ranked Doctor to nine and the little comfirmation text appeared.

Now the problem is, if they do change it to match the tool tip then what happens to all the players that have maxxed Doctor to get the ability to train this skill.

....or do players who don't want to heal, have to wait till they do change it.

Well its never easy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-04-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunoLegacy
Luckily my character is a ground-healer so I can try this without any risk. If this is true - then a lot of people just wasted 900 skill points. :x Let's hope they fix these things soon lest more people fall victim to this. >_<
1800
Scientist is a LC Skill so 200 Skill Points each Rank.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysha
1800
Scientist is a LC Skill so 200 Skill Points each Rank.
Whoops. That's even worse.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaid View Post
Yup, ranked Doctor to nine and the little comfirmation text appeared.

Now the problem is, if they do change it to match the tool tip then what happens to all the players that have maxxed Doctor to get the ability to train this skill.

....or do players who don't want to heal, have to wait till they do change it.

Well its never easy
Ranked up Doctor, got the text, however the ability is still not trainable... KDF side
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojin View Post
Can't find Science Team III at all, nor Engineering Team III.

The only train you can do is to BO's already commissioned and on your team. This would prevent training them to trade. You will have to look for the Rare reward ones to have a skill you desire.

I hope they vary the rare reward ones eventually, they are pretty cut and dry and duplicate frequently. Many of the Captain Trained Rank III skills aren't showing up on them.
I thought Cryptic stated somewhere that training and then trading BOF's was going to be one of the primary craft abilities or something along the lines. If I understand you correctly then that means that the only person who could possibly benefit from the particular captain ability to train is you and you alone. Crafting is about making things and selling them or trading them. This makes no sense and contradicts what Cryptic originally said about this. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that if this is the case ...what happened to Cryptic's plan? You mean to tell me I can't craft a BOF in "Extend Shields" and then trade/sell him to someone who can't get that skill normally?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:58 PM.