Lt. Commander
# 1 Reviews Thread (Post Yours)
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I like to write reviews for games and movies. This is the review I just posted on GameTrailers:

Star Trek Online Review Link

It's a bit lengthy to post here, so I linked too it. I think it would be cool if those of you that took the time to write reviews for STO, posted them here so that we can read them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I give it:
Space: 9/10
Ground: 7.5/10
Plot: 8.5/10
Music: 8.5/10
Sound Effects: 10/10
PvP: 7/10
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Wow, that was a really well written review.

A few mistakes- it's Bajoran instead of Bajorin and I don't believe you can visit Bajor (I think the system was in Closed Beta, but when I went there, it was empty). Otherwise very well done.

I don't have a full review right now, but I would give it an 8.5 out of 10.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.H. View Post
Wow, that was a really well written review.
Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't mean to bring a rain could, and I don't want to seem a troll but to me(a Klingon Empire only player) your review is focused on the Federation side whereas the title says a review of STO. Too be honest if you feel that the server issues are the only issues with the game you should try the Klingon side. Unless you already have in which case we have greatly differing points of view as to what a complete faction entails. Either way I enjoyed your review. Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 08:42 PM
s'alright.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Space Combat: 7/10 - Despite the fact that the light cruiser sort of sucks the combat system in space is fun. It needs some improvement but I don't see anythign else out there exccept for EVE and I hate eve.
Ground: 6/10 - Its doable but needs a lot of improvement.
Plot: 2/10: What plot? Seems like randomly generated missions to me. This area needs considerible improvement.
Music: 8/10 - Music is great makes you think your in an episode for real actually.
Sound Effects: 10/10 - Sound effects are top.
PvP: ? - No idea haven't tried it.

Character Development: 1/10 - This area is especially weak.. not good at all. The skill tree is a mess and the leveling is very grindy to the point of bordom. Obviously diehard cryptic fans tend to level up fast since they know the "easter eggs" are.

Overall The game gets a 6.5/10 from me. I am a lifetime sub and I will likely play the game for a long time. Its casual, takes place in an IP I enjoy, the combat is amusing, and there is no pressing need to join a guild. Sure its a bit grindy but no more so then WOW or LOTRO.

I hold out some hope Cryptic will keep it going for a few years. There's a good chance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1163 View Post
I don't mean to bring a rain could, and I don't want to seem a troll but to me(a Klingon Empire only player) your review is focused on the Federation side whereas the title says a review of STO. Too be honest if you feel that the server issues are the only issues with the game you should try the Klingon side. Unless you already have in which case we have greatly differing points of view as to what a complete faction entails. Either way I enjoyed your review. Cheers!
Honestly, I have yet to try the Klingon side of the game. I do plan too however.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
Honestly, I have yet to try the Klingon side of the game. I do plan too however.
After playing Klingon side in OB and head start I would personally recommend waiting till they add PvE content, because lvl'ing is a purely hellish grind right now. Just my 2 cents to try and preserve your sanity!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 10:07 PM