Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Just so you all know it is NOT +25 passive. I have used it as well as several other guild members. The link stats are bugged!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Wouldn't surprise me. There are more bugs in this game than the amazon rain forest. If we can get a few more people who have tested the item to confirm or deny, it might help. Especially if it happened to be a dev. >.>
Lol typical, once proven wrong your last resort ends up in insults. Fire them away there is no passive buff on them.

Lucid dreams.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-02-2010, 07:25 PM


I'm sorry, but it is not overpowered. People paid MONEY to have that item, can you imagine the outrage if they nerfed the trinket which they supposedly tested beforehand?

Not only that, but it is a unique item and only a handful of people out of a handful of the entire population have it. Serves them for having purchased a COLLECTOR'S Edition.

Now, if this item were to be offered up in the C-Store for EVERYONE to have, then yes... i MAY agree with you, but in all honesty, those power levels don't seem too harmful. It would be helpful espescially for cruisers to compensate for their HORRIBLE turn rates.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
People should realize that the Red Matter Capacitor is +25 to systems for 6 seconds, but meanwhile regular batteries are +75 to systems for 3 seconds.

It's far from being overpowered. In fact, I honestly think the timer is a bit too long with 9 minutes (well that's what it said for me with a new character).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
A guild member showed me his today and my eyes popped out at how overpowered the thing is.

Passive buff: +25 to all ships power levels
Active buff: +25 to all shows power levels for x seconds (with a crazy cooldown like 15 minutes)

This clearly shines as the best pratical preorder bonus item by far. While I'm only slightly jealous, I'm more concerned at how much of an edge this thing will give you in pvp. If they happen to be a borg captain, and have a borg bridge officer that's another +10 to power levels at all times.

So a player could be pvping with....

135 weapons
85 shields
55 engines
55 aux

At all times... passively requiring no cool downs and not adding additional buffs from trained skills. My constructive suggestion to balance the RMC would be to lower the passive bonus to +10, lower the active bonus cooldown to 1 minute and 30 seconds so you can use it more often.

What say you?


As previously said, it DOES NOT ADD ANYTHING PASSIVE.

It is essentially a re-usable battery on a ten minute cooldown that gives +25 to all sections (instead of +75 to onr) for 6 seconds (instead of 3).

It also, and this is the part that bugs me the most, is on the same global cooldown as batteries, meaning using it forces your batteries into a 5 minute cooldown, and using batteries forces the capaciter into a 5 minute cooldown.

The GCD on devices bugs me in general, I mean, what's the point of having four device slots on a cruiser?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16 ummm
02-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
That's a valid point. I'm just trying to nip pvp rage in the bud now because if I had one of those things I guarantee I would alpha strike people down into confetti leaving them going "WTF 1 Shotted?"
so why punish those who don't Pee Vee Pee? what's your argument for that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimstar
How dare you try to take away what I rightfully paid for!
The battle cry of the South circa 1865....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
At all times... passively requiring no cool downs and not adding additional buffs from trained skills. My constructive suggestion to balance the RMC would be to lower the passive bonus to +10, lower the active bonus cooldown to 1 minute and 30 seconds so you can use it more often. What say you?
It lasts 6 seconds and cools down 15 minutes. You can use it ONCE during PVP.

It's fine.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
The battle cry of the South circa 1865....
Yeah, because consumer rights for video game products is TOTALLY the same thing as condoning slavery...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
Yeah, because consumer rights for video game products is TOTALLY the same thing as condoning slavery...

Well no,, but as to consumer rights...

Read the big box 'Online game play may change!'

second please show me something that gave stats of the tiem at the time your bought your game.

Now the folks that got the TOS uniforms for skirts.... until they get them they do not have what they paid for (as you argue)..

however if you have an item called Red Matter capcitor, pretty sure you have what 'you bought' even if they change it to give +.00000000000000000000000001 to all stats once a month for 1 millisecond.

If (don't have one' stupid atari pre-order for nothing.....) it has a +25 passive bonus that is insane.... if it is active +25 for 6 every 9 minutes... then nice, re-usable battery for a minor bump... exactly what most of the others are, nice starting out, nice small edge, but not game breaking.....

but aruging consumer rights in an online game for something you 'paid for' really dones't help your case, or do more then make you look a troll
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:39 AM.