Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
Yeah, because consumer rights for video game products is TOTALLY the same thing as condoning slavery...
Sorry if my sarcasm was not translated well to text....
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
A guild member showed me his today and my eyes popped out at how overpowered the thing is.

Passive buff: +25 to all ships power levels
Active buff: +25 to all shows power levels for x seconds (with a crazy cooldown like 15 minutes)

This clearly shines as the best pratical preorder bonus item by far. While I'm only slightly jealous, I'm more concerned at how much of an edge this thing will give you in pvp. If they happen to be a borg captain, and have a borg bridge officer that's another +10 to power levels at all times.

So a player could be pvping with....

135 weapons
85 shields
55 engines
55 aux

At all times... passively requiring no cool downs and not adding additional buffs from trained skills. My constructive suggestion to balance the RMC would be to lower the passive bonus to +10, lower the active bonus cooldown to 1 minute and 30 seconds so you can use it more often.

What say you?
First off it only lasts for 6 seconds and there is no passive buff, it has a ten min cool down and you cant exceed 125 to any power setting.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 12:55 AM
This thread is full of idiots who only read the original post which is ironic because most idiots on these forums never read the original post. If any of you had a clue by reading down 6 or 7 posts from the OP, it's been established the public who does not own one of these items is misled by it's printed stats in chat because of a bug. This game is one buggy mess, and these threads are a direct result of it. If Cryptic would have waited to release a finished game instead of continuing beta, players would be less confused and/or discouraged..
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
First of all it's not a rant, so crawl back under your rock mr. internet tough guy. Second of all I saw the stats myself linked in chat. It said +25 and +25 with a cooldown. If those two things happen to be the same buff, then it's worded extremely poorly.
Again just for you: No passive stats, only active.

If you've seen it with your own eyes, why haven't you really tested it? If you had, you'd know it's a faulty description.

Stow your whine and go play some more. Folks always come running here and complainin' before even testing and seeing anything in action....

............................................______ __
....................................,.-...................``~.,
.............................,.-...................................-.,
.........................,/...............................................:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....~,_........~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......=,_.......-,_.......,.-~-,},.~;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......=-._......;,,./`..../............../
...,,,___.\`~,......~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ves153 View Post
Just so you all know it is NOT +25 passive. I have used it as well as several other guild members. The link stats are bugged!
Quoting Self
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 01:57 AM
I Paid for this.. leave it alone!
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
This thread is full of idiots who only read the original post which is ironic because most idiots on these forums never read the original post. If any of you had a clue by reading down 6 or 7 posts from the OP, it's been established the public who does not own one of these items is misled by it's printed stats in chat because of a bug. This game is one buggy mess, and these threads are a direct result of it. If Cryptic would have waited to release a finished game instead of continuing beta, players would be less confused and/or discouraged..
This thread was made by an idiot that for some reason doesn't realise he can edit his original post to reflect that he realises he was mistaken/ "mislead by a bug". If had any clue on how forums work, he would have edited his post as soon as he learned his mistake so that his whiny self importance could be replaced with humble understanding- and then he wouldn't be bothered with the "idiots", as he calls them, who all come in based off his inflammatory topic, read his inflammatory original post, and then proceed to correct him.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
A guild member showed me his today and my eyes popped out at how overpowered the thing is.

Passive buff: +25 to all ships power levels
Active buff: +25 to all shows power levels for x seconds (with a crazy cooldown like 15 minutes)

This clearly shines as the best pratical preorder bonus item by far. While I'm only slightly jealous, I'm more concerned at how much of an edge this thing will give you in pvp. If they happen to be a borg captain, and have a borg bridge officer that's another +10 to power levels at all times.

So a player could be pvping with....

135 weapons
85 shields
55 engines
55 aux

At all times... passively requiring no cool downs and not adding additional buffs from trained skills. My constructive suggestion to balance the RMC would be to lower the passive bonus to +10, lower the active bonus cooldown to 1 minute and 30 seconds so you can use it more often.

What say you?
I doubt they will change pre-orders.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
If you've seen it with your own eyes, why haven't you really tested it? If you had, you'd know it's a faulty description.
Yes, ambiguous and flat out wrong descriptions are rather common I'm afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-Prime
I think they should let it ride for the time being. It has not been adequately tested at it's current settings for anyone to gauge the potential of it.
Would also say...let it be like it is for now. Atleast the 15 minutes cooldown is long enough and make it impractical for pvp. What fight would go past 15 mintues to be able to use it again. Maybe there are far better items in the end where this thing wouldn't be used any more.