Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Load Screens Take Too Long
02-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Just a little heads up. Your load screens take entirely way too long. They take so long that the game logs you off. I had to wait for a hour and it still don't load. That is crazy. Some people might want to play the game they just bought. Especially when I just started the game, not a good sign. Right after toon making and before making the ship this is when this freezing up crap happens the longest, but, all load timers are very long or don't load at all. People are not gonna want to look at a screen for this long (a hour+), because if I am looking at a screen and not playing that might upset some folks. This can lead to ****ing people off and angry posts. Belive me I am upset. . Here is another thought if people are not playing the game people will eventually leave it. I know and understand that this game is new, so, on that note FIX IT. .
Lt. Commander
# 2 Does anyone reply????
02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I change my mind to, does this game load at all. I put the game on at 9 in the morning and left it on, slept until I had to go to work and guess what, it still did not load. I GO TO WORK AT 1100 AT NIGHT, so WWWW TTTTTTT FFFFFFFF. Are you capable to fix issues or what?. Are you capable to reply or what???. Answers are needed here because I would like to play the god damm game Already. If you are incapable of fixing this, can I have my money back (LOL)????, No that won't be needed, but, fixing this crap might help. FFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ?????????????????, , you get the point.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Although you don't really deserve any reply at all, I'll give you one. The problem is with you/your computer/your connection - 'cos I have no problems at all, and neither does pretty much anyone else.

In fact, since OB, I've not had a loading screen last longer than about 60 seconds at most - and considerably less than that for the majority of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 4 read the forums man
02-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post
Although you don't really deserve any reply at all, I'll give you one. The problem is with you/your computer/your connection - 'cos I have no problems at all, and neither does pretty much anyone else.

In fact, since OB, I've not had a loading screen last longer than about 60 seconds at most - and considerably less than that for the majority of the time.
I have found a lot of post saying the same thing the game freezes or seems to hang on load screens so I doubt its just a system problem on our end.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2010, 11:45 AM
i'm having the same prob myself. stuck on the alpha prime load screen. going on two hours now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathforu View Post
i'm having the same prob myself. stuck on the alpha prime load screen. going on two hours now.
Me too, in Alpha-Centauri. I had the problem once before. I didn't change anything, but the next day it worked. Load only took a minute or so. I went back again today to Memory-Alpha and same thing. Stuck. Endless load-screen over and over. Hmmmmm.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Same here, On sirius Black sector, it loads fine on my laptop which is a vista, but on my XP it loads slow where ever there is major traffic, its Not a Hardware issue, I run a Nvida 9600 GT latest drivers, XFI Creative New Series card, and close to 250 gbs free with a 20 gb page file on that drive, the processor is rather old but it runs the newer games fine with no lag what so ever, the load times are however ridiculus I dont mind playing on my laptop but I'd rather play on my desktop with surround sound and wide screen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Endless load screens here too. And I'm playing on an Alienware. Two days of trying to play and both toons I made have gotten stuck on either the Sol System or Earth Spacedock loading screens. My connection is running fine as well, so I hope it's just the server overloaded or something else Cryptic can fix soon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2010, 12:51 PM
My mains stuck on Sol as well, and my computer is a beast, I run 8 gigs rram with 2 1 TB HDDs so it aint my bloody comp. -.- I know this for a fact cuz most load screens are a minute tops if that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2010, 01:29 PM
same issue. I can load anywhere else in the game BUT Sol.