Ensign
# 31
02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I'm about to kill the Romulan BOff market, but I feel like being a douchebag, so here goes.

Easiest way to get SRO BOffs:

Make an alt throwaway tac Romulan/reman. Level it up to level 45. ONLY PICK THE BOFFs WITH SRO AS YOU LEVEL UP. After you get each BOff with SRO, DO NOT USE IT. Leave it in your officer candidate list and instead use faction based BOffs (IE humans, andorians, blah blah blah for feds, Klingons, orions gorn, nausicaan as KDF). After you hit level 45, look through your officer candidates. Each BOff with SRO, MAIL IT TO YOURSELF. Then distribute as needed throughout your main toons. Delete character. Rinse and repeat as many times as needed.

What does this do for you? Yes, you have to spend a week leveling a toon each time, but that week will guarantee you getting BOffs with SRO (they start appearing on the level 25 free BOff, and appear pretty consistently after that), save you the stress of looking for the DOff mission, and also will save you MILLIONS OF EC. As for you guys selling them on the exchange? Sorry. Not really.

As for the Mark thread hijack? Azure Nebula, Mine Enemy, The Vault: Ensnared and Tau Dewa Daily: Sector Patrol for Romulan Marks. And for Nukara marks? Run around on Nukara prime doing stuff. I picked up 300 marks in an hour easily.
This will not kill the Boff market, at all. How many people are going to be willing to spend the hours necessary to save them a few mil in EC? By level 45 you'll get what, 2 maybe 3 Boffs with SRO, assuming they're even ones you want (i.e. not 3 engineers)? The time spent is worth much more than the 30 million or so EC you saved. I can't see anyone doing this when they could spend less time earning the EC and just buying the BOFFs they need.
Captain
# 32
03-02-2014, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadams25 View Post
This will not kill the Boff market, at all. How many people are going to be willing to spend the hours necessary to save them a few mil in EC? By level 45 you'll get what, 2 maybe 3 Boffs with SRO, assuming they're even ones you want (i.e. not 3 engineers)? The time spent is worth much more than the 30 million or so EC you saved. I can't see anyone doing this when they could spend less time earning the EC and just buying the BOFFs they need.
Speak for yourself. I would rather spend an hour or two a day for a week doing this than spend 50 mil on the exchange.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 33
03-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtjoesow View Post
Why can you get Omega and Nukara Marks fairly quickly if you are willing to grind them out, but the Romulan Marks seem to take forever. I have yet to find a way to pick up as many Romulan Marks in the same amount of time as I can either the OM's or NM's. Why STO Why??? Isn't there a way to boost this up like doing something similar as Nukara Prime Missions. Takes a while to go throught it, but the reward is worth it. Please help with this one Cryptic.
Eppohs the fast and easy way to many many marks.

Quote:
Did that during Q-Event, 8-10hours to level to 45, was quite profitable.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...

Last edited by woodwhity; 03-02-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 34
03-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Because you can't just sell the ones you don't want and use the money to buy the ones you do right?
www.RIHANNSU.org
Romulan Language Institute

D'Galan - Tal'Diann - khre'Enriov - Engineer
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-06-2014, 09:31 AM
If you're going to buy your SRO boffs off the exchange, buy them now while they're cheap. (Especially with the xp weekend coming up). They were down to 6.5 mill for rare with SRO and subterfuge over the winter festival. It used to be possible to level a rommie to 45 in about 4 hours if you swapped over to them during mirror when it was up. That would also net you a pile of white doffs to throw at fleet projects, green doffs to crunch into white doffs to throw at fleet projects, and a few blue doffs to add to your all rommie crew collection.

Also, double check the boffs on the exchange, its become popular to post boffs without SRO in among the SRO boffs and hope someone makes a missclick or doesnt read.

If you just want them for the space stats, buy blues. They're functionally identical unless you're planning on taking them into ground.