Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Career Officer
# 111
01-27-2014, 12:46 PM
Already had the Khan uniform from a previous giveaway but gave Arc a go anyway.. don't like it Bran, for the first time in ages I was rubber banding everywhere, checked my connection and it was fine, logged out, switched off Arc and everything was fine again.

Not impressed with it, I have less lag downloading updates for other software while I play.
Ensign
This is related to this topic, so I thought I'd post here.

I got the in game message and went to the tailor and I couldn't find anything at the tailor about this at all. The only thing with the word Khan in it was the TOS Wrath of Khan uniforms, no Khan costume set. Is there a bug or something? Where can I get this set?
Captain
# 113
01-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Thank god its off-duty, might have lured me into it...but uhm... are these new Hairstyles coming with the outfit?
Lieutenant
# 114
The uniforms are pretty cool and I'd sport them. But you've all got a better chance of meeting Jesus before I'm inclined to install Arc.
Lieutenant
# 115
Ok, so I downloaded ARC at work via tethering off my phone. It downloaded and installed quickly, it then found my pre-existing STEAM install of STO and just used the existing install to run the game which was a nice suprise, no need to redownload the whole game.

I see people freaking on the ARC pretty much the same way everyone thought STEAM was the devil (including me) back in the day, now STEAM is the bee's knees of PC Gaming to most folks.

So I don't see ARC as all that evil. And if you play a lot of PWE Games it could be damned handy to have'em all in one place. ARC seems fine to me.

That's being said, I only play one PWE game, STO, so thanks for the freebie, but I'll probably just keeping rolling with STEAM at home to manage my STO install.

As funny side, as soon as I logged into claim the my KHAN! suit, I saw someone run right past me in same said uniform, lol.

hip63
Captain
# 116
01-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Oh man I can see my fat Klingon trying to fit in the speedo that Khan wears. Not pretty my friends, not pretty.
Career Officer
# 117
Alright, you can have my soul....again !

Took like a minute to get ARC up and running, logged in and used the Uniform on a male KDF-aligned Romulan.

And then some Orion woman* almost killed me with the gravitational force of her cleavage while wearing the female version....

*of questionable heritage
Survivor of Romulus
# 118
I downloaded and installed Arc and got the costume.

Nothing bad has happened so far.

waiting...

Nope, still nothing bad.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
Rihannsu
# 119
01-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Pitty this is an off-duty uniform. Boffs cannot use it and parts selection is kind of poor...
Ensign
# 120
01-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
What if you are MAC user, you can't install Arc can you?
Just lending my voice to this one. If you're going to make STO available to the Mac community (for which we're grateful), then in all fairness you have to extend the rewards and freebies to us as you would any other player.