Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Career Officer
# 711
03-11-2014, 08:04 PM
LOL Cryptic, that's funny.

Trying to bribe us into downloading this spyware/malware/bloatware, memory hog Arc with a few useless pretty pixels. AND people falling for it by the dozen.

My answer is no. Everyone has their price and mine is 1200 Lobi or a Timeship.

'til then, No ARC.
Captain
# 712
03-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoto8472 View Post
LOL Cryptic, that's funny.

Trying to bribe us into downloading this spyware/malware/bloatware, memory hog Arc with a few useless pretty pixels. AND people falling for it by the dozen.

My answer is no. Everyone has their price and mine is 1200 Lobi or a Timeship.

'til then, No ARC.
Or until it become mandatory, you'll need to use it anyway and have none of those perks^^
Support more story content in STO
Career Officer
# 713
03-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
Or until it become mandatory, you'll need to use it anyway and have none of those perks^^

Speaking as someone who, generally speaking, could not be fairly called a Cryptic apologist........

.....I actually have no issue with ARC.

I'm running it now and have done for a few weeks.

Sure, its somewhat unnecessary, but it doesn't have anything like the doomsday effect on my machines performance that some seem to think it would.

I get a very slightly slower start to the game, textures seems to take a second or two longer to load. A second or maybe two.

But, other than that, everything runs as it always did.

However, i do hope selfishly that more people keep squawking about it.

So far, I'm a nice off duty costume, a decent shuttle and 20 lobi up.

Keep up the complaints and i might get a something else nice
Ensign
# 714
03-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Totally agree. It was on my comp for less than 5 minutes before I figured it out.
Now I'll DL STO thru Steam thanx very much.

Not this garbage.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We're pleased to announce that we are giving STO players who have downloaded and tested the beta version of the new Arc client a FREE exclusive Khan uniform set! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

===UPDATE (1/28)===

Hi Captains, in order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info. Enjoy!
Signed into arc, still tries to charge me for the kahn cosume
Captain
# 716
03-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
Speaking as someone who, generally speaking, could not be fairly called a Cryptic apologist........

.....I actually have no issue with ARC.

I'm running it now and have done for a few weeks.

Sure, its somewhat unnecessary, but it doesn't have anything like the doomsday effect on my machines performance that some seem to think it would.

I get a very slightly slower start to the game, textures seems to take a second or two longer to load. A second or maybe two.

But, other than that, everything runs as it always did.

However, i do hope selfishly that more people keep squawking about it.

So far, I'm a nice off duty costume, a decent shuttle and 20 lobi up.

Keep up the complaints and i might get a something else nice
Or they may realise that nobody wants this piece of trash and decide to leave ARC for the people that want it and for the people that don't can still use the original launcher (Wishful thinking as they will lose a lot of people who don't want to use ARC or Steam and I'm one of those who may decide to cut my losses as well still a Star Trek Fan but becoming less of a STO fan
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Lt. Commander
# 717 Lobi & Shuttle
04-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Sucks to be me. I thought I'd have plenty of time to get the Lobi & Ferengi Shuttle, but RL projects take priority and I was falling behind on the Terran Empire MU event. As a consequence of that missed the deadline. I was actually looking forward to getting those more than the uniforms. Guess i'll have to settle for the uniforms as consolation prizes. Sucks worse they are per-character unlocks.

Any chance there'll be other free shots for the Na'Far shuttle?
Sarvour ShipyardsSarvour Shipyards
=@=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =@= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

Last edited by sarvour0; 04-03-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Captain
# 718
04-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl9905 View Post
Signed into arc, still tries to charge me for the kahn cosume

It's not the Wrath of Khan Kirk uniform that is a C-Store charge. It's under off-duty uniforms and what Khan wore in the movie. And it's not even called Khan in the off-duty section. It's called Bare Chested something or another.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 719
04-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
It's not the Wrath of Khan Kirk uniform that is a C-Store charge. It's under off-duty uniforms and what Khan wore in the movie. And it's not even called Khan in the off-duty section. It's called Bare Chested something or another.
Yup, it's not under uniforms sadly.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We're pleased to announce that we are giving STO players who have downloaded and tested the beta version of the new Arc client a FREE exclusive Khan uniform set! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.

===UPDATE (1/28)===

Hi Captains, in order to claim this uniform on each of your characters, please sign into Arc and log into one character, and then while still in Arc, switch to your other characters so they too may unlock the uniform. This is a change in claiming instructions from what was posted yesterday and will ensure all characters on your account gain access to the uniform. We'll also be updating the blog with this info. Enjoy!
Have not been able to get the Kahn Uniform, still wamst me to pay for them after logging in through ARC.