Lt. Commander
# 1 Was Wondering....
02-02-2010, 07:16 PM
So like any other ambitious Trekkie, I went down to my local Gamestop and pre-ordered STO paid in full with my hard-earned cash.

I would later learn after a couple emails, that not only will I not be playing early, but apparently I won't be receiving any bonus' that the people who pre-ordered online did.

Please help me to understand why I pay for my copy just like anyone else, in full, yet I'm not in open beta nor will I get a headstart? something wrong with this picture?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 07:23 PM
How long ago did you make the order?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Because open beta and headstart are over. The game is live now. Preorders ended yesterday; if you ordered today, you did not preorder, you simply ordered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
I think there are a few threads in the Gameplay Discussion forum. I'd look there and see what the resolution to the issue has been.

That stinks though. I hope it gets resolved for you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 07:30 PM
If you ordered before STO went live, you've got a legitimate concern. Check out some of the threads MinosOne mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I paid for the game in full pre-christmas.... like beginning of december.... my receipt has my email and phone number on it.... <sigh>
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeliss70 View Post
I paid for the game in full pre-christmas.... like beginning of december.... my receipt has my email and phone number on it.... <sigh>
I'm a GameStop employee and i know for a fact that emails were sent out when we got the beta keys in stores a month ago also it was advertised on the internet. You were supposed to go down and grab the key last month.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlast04x View Post
I'm a GameStop employee and i know for a fact that emails were sent out when we got the beta keys in stores a month ago also it was advertised on the internet. You were supposed to go down and grab the key last month.
Troof. Says so on your receipt. No code was EVER going to be emailed or snail mailed to you. You had to actually go to the store and and pick it up with receipt in hand to get your code.