Lt. Commander
I have searched around the forums, but I can't find any explanation of what exactly each of the modes are. And what is 'loot threshold'?

Sorry if this is already explained somewhere that I didn't look.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Bump. Does anyone know?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I would like to know myself, I didnt notice anything in the Instruction book, but those things have long since become useless.

all i've heard is that doing damage to a mob regardless of being on a team, puts you in a queue to receive loot. if someone refuses loot ahead of you then that is passed to the next in line.

im sure theres alot more but, you know...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I asked this question earlier. There is a Master of Loot mode when the leader of the party gets to select who gets what, there's a round robin which everyone gets a shot at certain poitns and then there is another method. uhhh. where you get the option of need or greed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Here are the basics:

Round Robin - Everyone gets a turn at looting, whatever drops on their turn is what they get, then it's the next person's turn.

Free for All - Everyone can loot everything, first come first serve.

Need or Greed - When an item is looted you decide whether you "need" the item, meaning you're actually going to equip it and have a use for it, or "greed" the item, saying that you don't need it but you'll take it to sell if nobody else wants it. After everyone on the team has picked need or greed the following happens:

If one or more people have picked Need, they all roll random numbers and the highest roll gets the item.

If, and only if, nobody picks Need, all the Greed team members roll in the same manner to determine who gets it. Rolling Need on an item you're not planning on using is generally frowned upon.

Master Looter - The team leader loots everything and (in theory) distributes loot as he sees fit among the team.

As for the loot threshold, basically that's saying what level of item you want to bother with any of the above. If it's set to common you use your chosen loot method on every drop. If it's set higher, like uncommon, then you only use your loot method on those drops and better, everything else is Free for All.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldenic View Post
I have searched around the forums, but I can't find any explanation of what exactly each of the modes are. And what is 'loot threshold'?

Sorry if this is already explained somewhere that I didn't look.
Master looting = team leader desides who gets loot.
round robin = everyone gets a bit of loot turn based.
need/greed = if someone needs they get a need roll if you greed you get a greed roll but need will always win over greed. (this is the method my team normally use.. it requires everyone to be fair though)

loot threshold = the level of loot that requires a roll. so if set to rare and a common item drops whoever picks it up gets it without having to roll... but if a rare item drops everyone gets a roll on it.

hope this helps
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
Master looting = team leader desides who gets loot.
round robin = everyone gets a bit of loot turn based.
need/greed = if someone needs they get a need roll if you greed you get a greed roll but need will always win over greed. (this is the method my team normally use.. it requires everyone to be fair though)

loot threshold = the level of loot that requires a roll. so if set to rare and a common item drops whoever picks it up gets it without having to roll... but if a rare item drops everyone gets a roll on it.

hope this helps
great explanations, but the question I have is what happens if different members of a team are set to different options? if I have my setting on round robin and the team leader has his set to master looter, do I still get loot dropped to me via round robin? or does the team leader's setting dictate what happens?

I hope it's the former as I tend to team in PUGs but it could get very confusing if you have people on the team with all the different settings
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo33
great explanations, but the question I have is what happens if different members of a team are set to different options? if I have my setting on round robin and the team leader has his set to master looter, do I still get loot dropped to me via round robin? or does the team leader's setting dictate what happens?

I hope it's the former as I tend to team in PUGs but it could get very confusing if you have people on the team with all the different settings
Only the team leader can set the loot options.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Only the team-leader is able to set the loot mode for the current group he/she is in.

If you are in a fleet action with different groups each item is only available to one group and within that group the leaders setting are used.

But I have no idea about how the loot (meaning which groups turn it is to loot) in fleet actions is sorted out ...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyderson View Post
Only the team-leader is able to set the loot mode for the current group he/she is in.

If you are in a fleet action with different groups each item is only available to one group and within that group the leaders setting are used.

But I have no idea about how the loot (meaning which groups turn it is to loot) in fleet actions is sorted out ...
In Fleet Actions loot is given to the team / individual who dealt the most % dmg to target.
imagine team A and team B, team A with 5 people does 49% dmg... Team B with 3 people does 51% dmg.. the loot goes to team B