Lt. Commander
# 1 Cloak Griefing
02-02-2010, 08:04 PM
I was in a pvp match with my fleetmates and we were winning 8 to 4, the klingons decided it was in their best interest to all go cloaked making it almost impossible for us to find them. they stayed cloaked for 20 MINUTES!!! we decided to leave because they were being jerks. Cryptic something needs to be done about this. Waiting for 20 minutes in a pvp match with our thumbs up our butt is not FUN.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Lure em out with mines it aint rocket science.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
WE all had mines and were doing it but when they are all cloaked we dont even know where to start searching.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminblake View Post
WE all had mines and were doing it but when they are all cloaked we dont even know where to start searching.
Don't search. Just stay in the "ball." It's really the only tactic that they can't compete with. Just stay grouped together, surrounded by mines. They'll have to come out of Cloak to get you at some point if they want to come from behind.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 08:10 PM
That is what cloaks are for.

Ambush, stalking, and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 08:12 PM
ok you guys arent understanding. Im fine with cloaking, but having the entire team cloaked for 20 minutes while we try finding them is stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Well, they could have been getting their kicks by hiding.

Just go do something else; the wil then have to entertain themselves
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminblake View Post
ok you guys arent understanding. Im fine with cloaking, but having the entire team cloaked for 20 minutes while we try finding them is stupid.
And having an enitre team blobbed up in a ball with mines around them with auto targeting on attack is fine?

See, the problem is with the restrictive nature of the insta spawn team death match stupidity that is STO PvP.

The problem is the flawed PvP system that requires the Feds to Blob and the Klingons to do nothing because the second a fed looks at them, the Klingons shields drop and explode.

The problem is the game and the lack of foresight and planning in the system as a whole. Flawed weapon system, flawed weapon ranges, very tiny maps for PvP which keep people huddled together, flawed so many things I dont really feel like getting into it at the moment.. you all know what is wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
All I got out of this is that the OP is mad because some players are using their abilities to their best advantage and he wants the devs to stop other people from playing smarter than he and his friends are.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysis
That is what cloaks are for.

Ambush, stalking, and so on.
You have to decloak to ambush someone. As far as I know, the only BoP that could fire while cloaked was destroyed long before this game takes place. I haven't PvP'd yet myself, but I'm sure that would be annoying sitting there waiting 20-30 minutes for the Klinks to decloak. I know when I did try the Klingon side during OB, I found it kinda odd that they cloak wasn't limited. I would find it cowardly, actually. And cowardice does not an honorable warrior make.

On the flipside, I thought science vessels could detect cloaked ships? If so, take some of them along next time.