Lt. Commander
# 111
02-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
Science officers/vessels can detect cloaked ships with their debuff, Sensor Scan.
Tractor beams can prevent them from cloaking.
And torpedoes launched in that final moment before the final fade will impact the hull for max damage (if they don't mitigate with their own abilities)

:p
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcali
I agree this is a bit of an issue with the Cloak. Add that with being spawned right in the middle of a firefight and having 50% hull as soon as your screen pops up, it makes PVP horrid.

Today I played a number of PVP matches where the Klings used this "hide and wait for team to quit" tactic.
Those people are idiots.

Rewards for winning and losing are roughly the same.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-04-2010, 03:13 AM
lol.. more cloak QQ

Thats what you get for blobbing and all tabbing your nearest target the moment they are visible.

The only way we could effectively counter the tabbing would be for us all to be EXACTLY the same distance way from the blob.. which is impossible.

If klings have to wait for someone in zone chat whos flaming klingons for being lame, cowards and cloaking in combat.. then fly out of the pack, im sure we will "welcome you" in the klingon way
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-04-2010, 03:28 AM
I agree with the OP... The MATCHES (NOT CLoaks) need to have a timer...

It's not fair when one side decides to be nasty and ruin the enjoyment of everyone else.

If the klingons didn't have the sutpid idea of putting 100000000 tactical BO skills into their consoles they'll know that they can counter the ball with scramble sensors... a BOP flies in... shoots it... then battle cloak out... the rest rush in and focus fire...

The scramble sensors will screw the feds up completely... Since they're in such a tight ball and they have to target a new klingon... 3/4 of the time they'll be attacking themselves.

The problem is 1 out of 100-150 klingons choose the science options and when they start losing the fight because there are no healer/cc in the group they just cloak and fly tothe corner of the map and wait for the feds to circle very slowly and try to search for the claoked ships like a needle in the hay stack... especially when the needle can decide to just continually move away when the feds slowly reach them.

everyone that plays klingons thinks like wow players... maximise dps and take everyone out with you.
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-04-2010, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomezie View Post
lol.. more cloak QQ

Thats what you get for blobbing and all tabbing your nearest target the moment they are visible.

The only way we could effectively counter the tabbing would be for us all to be EXACTLY the same distance way from the blob.. which is impossible.

If klings have to wait for someone in zone chat whos flaming klingons for being lame, cowards and cloaking in combat.. then fly out of the pack, im sure we will "welcome you" in the klingon way
I say turn friendly fire on. That would be the end of fed balls.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Cryptic needs to give Feds a better way to detect cloaked ships.. some kind of hint.. something. That way, feds, if prepared can HUNT for you little ridgy *******s and actually make a more dynamic game.

Currently, balling up is really the only thing we can do while you guys fly around cloaked. Asking us to fly around separately so you can pick us off is rather unreasonable to demand.

In short. FED BALLS are NOT going to go away. People are gonna keep doing it no matter how much you b*tch. So instead, think of some constructive alternatives.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirius View Post
In short. FED BALLS are NOT going to go away. People are gonna keep doing it no matter how much you b*tch. So instead, think of some constructive alternatives.
Since you failed to read the post above yours, I'll break it down for you so you won't miss it this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
I say turn friendly fire on. That would be the end of fed balls.
Quote:
I say turn friendly fire on.
Quote:
turn friendly fire on.
Quote:
friendly fire
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-04-2010, 03:49 AM
and in cased you forgot.... turn friendly fire on = scramble sensors...
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-04-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
And having an enitre team blobbed up in a ball with mines around them with auto targeting on attack is fine?

See, the problem is with the restrictive nature of the insta spawn team death match stupidity that is STO PvP.

The problem is the flawed PvP system that requires the Feds to Blob and the Klingons to do nothing because the second a fed looks at them, the Klingons shields drop and explode.

The problem is the game and the lack of foresight and planning in the system as a whole. Flawed weapon system, flawed weapon ranges, very tiny maps for PvP which keep people huddled together, flawed so many things I dont really feel like getting into it at the moment.. you all know what is wrong.
Not 100% true, ive seen BoPs tank, fairly effectively, they slug it out so the rest of us decloak and pop damage. Flavour of the month is teams Spider Tanking - its lame and boring but till you get to the higher tiers with the science skills that can shut it down it makes it somewhat difficult to beat. Ive seen Feds and klingons slugging it out (usually bad for the klingons unless theyre team is damned good at spider tanking) and going toe to toe using spider tanking. Myself - personally i dislike the tactic, but thats me.
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-04-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirius View Post
Cryptic needs to give Feds a better way to detect cloaked ships.. some kind of hint.. something. That way, feds, if prepared can HUNT for you little ridgy *******s and actually make a more dynamic game.

Currently, balling up is really the only thing we can do while you guys fly around cloaked. Asking us to fly around separately so you can pick us off is rather unreasonable to demand.

just saw this, at t3 there is a bo skill that detects and decloaks any ships within 10k... theres 3 or 4 good detection skills, there are plenty of oppertunity to find klingons who cloak, people just dont want to lose their BO slots.