Lt. Commander
# 41
02-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey2ham View Post
Devs could put a 5 minute timer on cloak (in use, no change on CD) then atleast you have 20 seconds to find them... (Unless they pop MES during the CD, but atleast they'd all have to take/have MES).

Klings can't argue you'd need more time on cloak, 5 mins could repair a starbase...

Or the devs put a 15 min timer on matches to force a fight.

Or sacrifice someone to get their position...

Edit:

If a science ship was able to find cloaks at any significant range it would be ok. But its ~10k... Thats not very big... Maybe a long range scan that only shows up cloaked ships >50km away. Atleast you know where they are hiding.

I've also noticed Klingons leaving as someone is afk cloaking in a PUG on their team and they don't want to play 4 vs 5...

10k isn't big to detech cloak...are you insane....0_0....so we have to plan our attacks outside of weapons range....

clearly someone that hasn't flown with a wing of BOPS...disected the enemy, their ranks, what classes are in what ships and which ones need to die first.

Dont like the kill count missions because they are more tactical, play salvage like me.

They usually go faster
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerbunny View Post
Its funny because you dont get much of a difference in winnings for actually winning. Its based on your performance.
I've lot matches and recieved better winnings than some matches I won.

I'm a klingon player who doesn't do that crap because it would mean I'm an idiot.

I could spend that wasted time playing more matches.
I sense your one of the idiots who continually feed the blob for faster SP....
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Ok, so Fed ships and can stand toe to toe and trade punches with an equal lvl Klingon ship and usally fly away while the klingon spins in space before going up in a fire ball. So the Klingons learn to hide, wait, ambush a Fed ship and bring it down with massed firepower and then pull ninja fade so as they dont get roflstomped by the other fed ships, who usally lay enough mines that a person can WALK from earth to vulcan. Thats called tactics and playing smart. Is it frsutrating for the Feds? Yes and thats the point. You get frustrated. You get impatient. Then you start acting rashly. Chasing down that lone Klingon BoP thats leading you into an ambush. A wise Klingon once said "Dont bring a Bat'leth to a Disruptor fight."
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-03-2010, 04:18 AM
I'll have you all know I was a member of that Klingon Team.

We ended up winning that match in the end

Sorry spamming mines and the spacebar didn't bring you victory.

Morka
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-03-2010, 04:24 AM
The klinks won as soon as the feds left, I'd gladly win a PvP match by doing nothing at all lol
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-03-2010, 04:27 AM
I think the cloak shows thier true colors of being cowards.... Hiding behind a cloak is a good sign of being a coward........

:p
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-03-2010, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminblake View Post
ok you guys arent understanding. Im fine with cloaking, but having the entire team cloaked for 20 minutes while we try finding them is stupid.
It was as much their loss than yours if they didn't get their act together and work out who to target. It sounds like they were waiting for you guys to split up so they could go after a straggler.

Nothing is wrong with cloaking.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
And hiding behind a minefield isn't.

And when I say win I mean actually getting the 15 kills needed to win

The Fed's didn't leave atleast not all of them did.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-03-2010, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusX
I'll have you all know I was a member of that Klingon Team.

We ended up winning that match in the end

Sorry spamming mines and the spacebar didn't bring you victory.

Morka
While you achieved glorious victory by sitting in place with your thumb up your butt.

I guess people play the KDF for all kinds of reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-03-2010, 04:40 AM
I will say that either Cloak needs to have its limits so that you can't just sit there forever and beat folks with bordom.

non-science ships need a way to detect a cloaked ship....a poor method..( the star field should
bend slightly around the cloaked ship and if the non-science ship is close enuff to it, and see it,
they can try to click on it..if they guess right, they get a lock long enuff to fire ...with minuses
to hit of course)

OR

the best fix

if you stay cloaked for more than 7 minutes...AND have no damage the entire 7 min....the pvp instance kicks
you, UNLESS your doing house vs house and the otherside also has cloak.
This would also reduce leaching exp. folks jumping into a group area and sitting there cloaked
while other fight to get free exp.

Disclaimer; I do very little PvP so in the end they need a solution that PvPers are happy with.
Being that it is a PvP issue.